What I'Ve Been Up To Lately...

just a warning, this is LONG and has many pictures! :jester:

here is the latest build i have in the shop. we have built a couple of them now, and i personally really like the kits. this is a 2011 base model corvette LS3 6spd, originally black in color. this vette has had a complete transformation into a beautiful Supervette. the car has a custom, hand made widebody kit. it is approximately 1.5" wider than the ZR1 on each side (total 3" front/back). its all made of fiberglass, and all the panels are actually lighter than the stock plastic panels, and about the same as the Z carbon front fenders. we use the OEM Z06 front facia, and keep the rear OEM facia (they are all the same). the front splitter, rocker extensions, and rear diffuser are also custom hand made pieces. these all model after the ZR1, but are slightly more aggressive than the ZR1. the color is called Balloon White, its a semi-gloss white pearl 3 stage paint, with GM gloss black on the roof, b pillar, hood and front facia. okay enough talking, what do you all think? :D

the widebody and custom parts began with priming and sanding...

DSC00027.jpg

the car was completely stripped down as we always do, as to get NO paint/clear lines and cover 100% of the panels, all to keep it looking OEM :)

DSC00033.jpg

and in the booth next to the vette, we have the custom parts all ready to spray-

DSC00049.jpg

then after the 120+ hours of prep work, it was time to mix the beautiful pearl!!

DSC00043.jpg

the tail lights getting ready for our unique process-

DSC00063.jpg

the new Z06 calipers ready to become flat black

DSC00065.jpg

and the final product of the lights...

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

this is the hand made exhaust tip for the diffuser

DSC00097.jpg

brake calipers ready to go

DSC00114.jpg

test fitting the tip-

DSC00112.jpg

continued......

and heres the (somewhat) final product! its still got a few things to get finished but...

DSC00246-1.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

here you can see the width of the front fender- its VERY OEM which was the goal in designing these. we kept the OEM lines and basically just carefully moved them out 1.5" and made other little touches more aggressive where it was needed in our opinion :D

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

the spoiler began as a factory OE ZR1 spoiler, that was brought out and made more aggressive, but still nice and subtle ;)

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00265-1.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

continued....

and heres the engine!! its due to get a vortech but the customer wanted to wait on that. anyway, we matched the fuel rail covers to the Balloon White and did the manifold gloss black. the letters are blank/white because i am still waiting on the new black decals

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

so that is all the pictures i have with me, but there will be many more this week once i finish the car. it seems to get a whole lot of attention so i figured id share it with some people who truely appreciate this kind of work :D your thoughts and comments are very welcome, as well as constructive criticism :lol: i will be active on here more often again like old times, so look for more threads following some of the builds in the shop, if you guys like seeing them! :)

John make me one of those spoilers for the bed of my SSS wander how it would look on the back of a ss but split in 3 pieces

As always nothing but the best of work from you

Justin

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

I could only imagine what you'd invision and do with my truck. From a white/blacked out truck owner to a customizer like yourself I say beautiful work, vision and execution! Great to see someone following their passion, doing excellent work and sharing with regular guys like myself. You, your truck and your projects inspire me.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)