The Time Finally Came...

Lefty

After nearly 8 years, I sold the SS. She went to a good home and fetched a nice price. Sure am going to miss all the fun I had with her. I learned a lot from all the folks here and always appreciate the assistance and advice everyone was willing to provide. I did keep it in the GM lineup with my new ride.

Thanks again all.

Denali.jpg

Wow, one of the members that was here when I first signed up.......sad to see the SS go but if any GM truck were to take its spot you hit the spot.

Does the 6.2 make up for the QC weight?

• 2 weeks later...

@ jddmj - I would love to lose them. They are there only because this will be more of a "family" ride and the wife and daughter are considerably shorter than me.

I don't have any mod "plans" for the SD. I didn't have any for the SS either and she got her fair share of toys. I am taking a wait and see approach but a Corsa/DB exhaust and a cai are likely to show @ some point.

So far, I really do not like the 6 speed tranny. It really seems to search between 3 & 5, even with the gas pedal floored. When driving normally, the shift between 1 & 2 feels like a stall...it's really weird. The 6.2 with the 3.42 gears cruises nice at highway speeds and can seem a bit sluggish from 0-40. It's no slouch, but is definitely not the SS (especially with all the mods I had on it).

I agree with @ssplaytoy, this is certainly not a replacement for the SS. I hated to see it go and had a lot of heartburn selling it. But, I needed the room for the growing family and this is certainly a nice looking ride. =)

@ jddmj - I would love to lose them. They are there only because this will be more of a "family" ride and the wife and daughter are considerably shorter than me.

I don't have any mod "plans" for the SD. I didn't have any for the SS either and she got her fair share of toys. I am taking a wait and see approach but a Corsa/DB exhaust and a cai are likely to show @ some point.

So far, I really do not like the 6 speed tranny. It really seems to search between 3 & 5, even with the gas pedal floored. When driving normally, the shift between 1 & 2 feels like a stall...it's really weird. The 6.2 with the 3.42 gears cruises nice at highway speeds and can seem a bit sluggish from 0-40. It's no slouch, but is definitely not the SS (especially with all the mods I had on it).

I agree with @ssplaytoy, this is certainly not a replacement for the SS. I hated to see it go and had a lot of heartburn selling it. But, I needed the room for the growing family and this is certainly a nice looking ride. =)

mine has about 1300 miles on it now and it feels like the computer has not learned the adaptive pressures. the 1-2 shift wavers badly at any throttle. what type of mileage are you seeing? I agree with it being slow from 0-40 but the double downshift at wot on the highway makes it a monster. im sure you know (but in case you dont) if you hold the TC button for about 5 seconds it turns off both the TC and stabilitrak