Pics Of My Girls!

Just felt like taking some pics of the girls this morning, put some new wheels and a grille on my girls truck (the red SSS) getting the 06 hood on it in the next few weeks, i wanna put some 243's,PS LT's, flowies and a cam in it soon (if i can sneak them in there with out the wife knowing lol), the red 02 RCSB is my cousins truck, im getting ready to do a 3/4 drop and a whipple on it in the next few weeks it has a 4.8 with shaved 243's and a ls6 cam with supporting mods, got two more projects in the garage too lol. One is a 66 chevelle convertible, its getting the motor out of my white truck as soon as i get my forged 370 all finished up and then i have a red 05 RCSB gmc sierra next to the chevelle, the sierra is getting a l92 with a kb76mm front mount kit and a t56 conversion. Going to pick up a red rear mount turbo SSS tonight for a 4l80e swap too lol, were gonna do that one at "ShaneSSS" 's house since im out of room. Seems like all the side work just comes at the same time lol, im not complaining though!

2011-07-09061328.jpg

2011-07-09062420.jpg

2011-07-09061347.jpg

Thanks, the wife is killing me she wants to sell hers and get a CRV, hate to see it go though, gas prices are the reason though! Im trying to talk her out of it lol.

Are the AR Torque Thrust ST rims on the SS 20s? How about your white pickup? Im guessing those are 18s and the SS has 20s? Reason I ask is I have the exact rim but its 18 and Id rather not downsize but no way will i go above a 20inch rim.

they both have 20's on them mine is just lowered and the wifes is not, when i found out they re-designed the center caps on them i bought a new set for my truck and put the old ones on my wifes truck. I do like those wheels a lot though, its that old school muscle look.

i usually i grab my 243/799's off of bad motors i pull out of gmt900 trucks here at the dealer, i just throw some 862's on the core motors and then they ship them back lol.

i usually i grab my 243/799's off of bad motors i pull out of gmt900 trucks here at the dealer, i just throw some 862's on the core motors and then they ship them back lol.

Whats the diiference between the 243 & 862 heads? I never knew they were different, always thought they were the same. What heads are on the SSS?

Edited by StillwaterSS (see edit history)

SSS heads: 317 casting, 70cc comp. chamber, same ports and flow number as 243/799 ls6 heads, kinda of a pain to machine down to 60cc comp. chambers, great for boost though due to its very thick deck!

862 heads: very common gmt800 head, came on all 5.3l and 4.8l engines 07 classic and older, less port flow but they do have very small comp chambers, ls1 guys use to like to port them out and throw them on f-body to net something like 11:1 compression

243/799 heads: came on vette z06, gtos and a lot of the newer gmt 900 trucks/suvs, flow very well and have a 64.5cc comp. chamber which can be surfaced down to a 60cc chamber to bump up you compression a little bit

SSS heads: 317 casting, 70cc comp. chamber, same ports and flow number as 243/799 ls6 heads, kinda of a pain to machine down to 60cc comp. chambers, great for boost though due to its very thick deck!

862 heads: very common gmt800 head, came on all 5.3l and 4.8l engines 07 classic and older, less port flow but they do have very small comp chambers, ls1 guys use to like to port them out and throw them on f-body to net something like 11:1 compression

243/799 heads: came on vette z06, gtos and a lot of the newer gmt 900 trucks/suvs, flow very well and have a 64.5cc comp. chamber which can be surfaced down to a 60cc chamber to bump up you compression a little bit

Very good to know, thanks