How Much Power Do I Need To Run 12'S?

Raven698

Hey guys. I am thinking about putting my 04 GTO up for sale and using the money to completely make-over my SS. The truck has 100,000 miles on it and I would like to freshen everything up. I would like the truck to get a RPM or similar transmission, a rebuild with maybe a heads and cam package with all the supporting mods, and freshen up the AWD system with new parts. Depending on how much I have left, I may rebuild the suspension with new aftermarket parts and put a brake kit on the truck.

I want the truck to be very reliable and drive like a stock truck. However, the GTO is a low 12 second car and I always seem to find my way back to a fast car if I sell one. I would like the truck to fill that void as well.

How much power would I have to make to get the truck into the 12's. a 12.99 is still a 12 and IMO very respectable for a truck. I may be shooting a little high here with the stock driving characteristics and the low 1/4 mile time but any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the help guys.

If I do this, I will have around 9500-10500 to spend.

Mike

Edited by Raven698 (see edit history)

Sell the your GTO and the LQ9 out of the SS, purchase a L92 (403hp) engine and throw a TVS 2300 on. 4L85e with paddle shifts, tune and your on your way. My dream setup basically. :chevrolet:

Edit - Also need the 102mm LSXrt or LSXr Fast intake manifold, and a 90mm TB.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

i broke 12s with with a magnacharger radix 112 with a 2.85 pulley and a shift kit in my trans. stock manifolds, corsa exhaust. no need to mortgage your house here for a 12 second pass. your stock engine can see you into the mid 11s

I Agree, with Bruiser04

03MASS just wants you to build his street beast so he can heist it from you.

:crackup: you ruined it!!!:jester:

I agree with 8nhps also, his setup is very nice and not breaking the bank like I would go do.

i broke 12s with with a magnacharger radix 112 with a 2.85 pulley and a shift kit in my trans. stock manifolds, corsa exhaust. no need to mortgage your house here for a 12 second pass. your stock engine can see you into the mid 11s

agreed

I'd stroke and build the lq9. Choice of boost, spray, or n/a is up to you. Getting the truck in the 12's will be pretty easy with a 408. It still leaves a decent amount of the budget for the trans and other little upgrades you want.

What mods are currently on the truck?