SoCal SS Guys

Dale-01L

A while back we joked around about having an SS vs Lightning drag-day..

Well, a bunch of us lightnings are going to Carlsbad track on the 14th...

Would be fun to run against some other trucks...

Come on out and lets run 'em!

-Dale

(Note: This is not an attempt to troll, just lookin for some competitve fun!)

A while back we joked around about having an SS vs Lightning drag-day..

Well, a bunch of us lightnings are going to Carlsbad track on the 14th...

Would be fun to run against some other trucks...

Come on out and lets run 'em!

-Dale

(Note: This is not an attempt to troll, just lookin for some competitve fun!)

Don't know about any SS's, but I'll plan on being there with my Avalanche. My truck is a beast/pig (5800 lbs without me in it), but it'll be fun and my first time at the track.

I'll try to make it but I can't guarantee anything...I won't be much of an opponent since I ain't that far from stock, but I'll run none the less. Sounds like fun...as long as it stays that way...FUN. :thumbs: Hope to see everybody in the local area there.

Right on!

It'll stay fun, we meet monthly and decided to have this months meet at C-Bad..

We've got a fun bunch of people, it'll stay clean :)

-Dale

Cool, lookin forward to meetin some of you guys and hopefully see some of our guys there too. :cheers: Here's to havin a good time! :thumbs:

I would come, but i need to swap my heads and put my new torque convertor in before i run again. I am going to try to get down there in September when it starts to cool down again, so i can try to beat my previous time. August is historically the hottest month of the year is carlsbad, which means humidity is going to be high as well. Have fun though :thumbs:

Oh yeah... I dont think anyone is looking at setting any new records... Just a chance to hang out with the club before they shut the place down...

It looks like we will have about 10 trucks there... Hopefully more people will sign up before then.. No HD's yet... we really dont have many in the group..

You can visit our forums here:

http://www.socalloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317

-Dale

Well guys, looks like this may be called off...

C-Bad's last weekend is this weekend, which is going to make it tough to race at a close-down track :)

Was looking forward to it, too..

-Dale

I thought it the last day for formal bracket racing was this coming Saturday. Regular racing is still coming off until they get word they're being shut down, as far as I know... :confused:

I thought it the last day for formal bracket racing was this coming Saturday.  Regular racing is still coming off until they get word they're being shut down, as far as I know... :confused:

That was how I read the website as well, but others thought maybe it was the last day period..

I called and left 'em a message but havent heard back yet..

-Dale

yes it looks like this is the final weekend for Carlsbad :cry: I should be their on Sunday with some Volkswagens for heads up action, this should be pretty good final ending on Sunday, within the air cooled forums folks are saying they are going to run'em to 8:pm or possibly later....

http://carlsbadrags.tripod.com/

Archived