Dash ticking

WisconsinSS

I have a ticking noise coming from under my dash to. I located it to the control piece on the flour that is connected to the gas pedal; I have no idea why it is making noise. It does not do it all the time. I just have been putting it off to go see the dealer.

I have a ticking noise coming from under my dash to. I located it to the control piece on the flour that is connected to the gas pedal; I have no idea why it is making noise. It does not do it all the time. I just have been putting it off to go see the dealer.

Mine does not do it all of the time either. Let me know if you get it to the dealer.

Mine does that too, cycle the a/c and it goes away.

One day when I'm close to the dealer I'll pull in.

Sounded to me it comes from behind the a/c controls.

If it matters I have the auto climate control.

WW :smash:

Mine does that too, cycle the a/c and it goes away.

One day when I'm close to the dealer I'll pull in.

Sounded to me it comes from behind the a/c controls.

If it matters I have the auto climate control.

WW :smash:

I have the auto controls also..

I had this problem in my 03 Silverado. It is the vacuum control for the duct under your dash. The control is trying to close the vent door so that air comes from dash only. Try moving the knob to floor/dash mix. The clicking noise will stop. I took mine to the dealer, he said he would replace the control, I didn' t bother. I just leave me knob one "click" up from dash only and I havent heard the noise in months. Hope this helps. John T P.S. I like to visit your site, I love the looks of the SS. , but I dont need Ext Cab or AWD along with a lot of other guys, I am waiting for the reg cab.

Archived