Was Ran Off The Road Today.

eeekroar

First I would like to start off with, WOMEN, PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD AHEAD OF YOU!

I was on the motorcycle going home doing about 55 in a 50. It is an old country road with a few blind turns. As I am coming around the curve I am surprised by a SUV in my lane. Not sorta in my lane, but about to run off my side of the road.I did not have time to slow down at all, so within a split second I had to chose the grass, or the SUV. I think to myself this is about to hurt. I turn off the road right before she hits me, and lay the bike down. My foot was trapped under the bike as I slid down the side of the road. Luckily, I wear Sidi Vortices, otherwise my ankle would have been demolished.

The most frustrating part was she did not stop to see if I was okay, which leads me to believe she was on drugs, or just a selfish piece of Sh*t. At this point my adrenaline is pumping, so I muscle the bike up to see the damage. Broken fairing, and bent exhaust. Moral of the story is, Always ride with full gear. Sure,I look like a stupid power ranger, but I am a firm believer my stupid power ranger boots, saved me a couple grand in hospital/doctor bills. Allowing me to ride another day.ughdance.gifughdance.gif

First I would like to start off with, WOMEN, PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD AHEAD OF YOU!

I was on the motorcycle going home doing about 55 in a 50. It is an old country road with a few blind turns. As I am coming around the curve I am surprised by a SUV in my lane. Not sorta in my lane, but about to run off my side of the road.I did not have time to slow down at all, so within a split second I had to chose the grass, or the SUV. I think to myself this is about to hurt. I turn off the road right before she hits me, and lay the bike down. My foot was trapped under the bike as I slid down the side of the road. Luckily, I wear Sidi Vortices, otherwise my ankle would have been demolished.

The most frustrating part was she did not stop to see if I was okay, which leads me to believe she was on drugs, or just a selfish piece of Sh*t. At this point my adrenaline is pumping, so I muscle the bike up to see the damage. Broken fairing, and bent exhaust. Moral of the story is, Always ride with full gear. Sure,I look like a stupid power ranger, but I am a firm believer my stupid power ranger boots, saved me a couple grand in hospital/doctor bills. Allowing me to ride another day.ughdance.gifughdance.gif

Glad your ok man. I was about run off my little country road today as well. Stupid hoe in a little ford car about made me go in a creek in my truck. i was about sick.

damn, glad youre ok bro. people REALLY need to be more aware of motorcyclists. If it was me and she stopped my language probably would not have been so nice... I usually have my highbeams on during the day and both my headlight and high beam are HIDs so that helps, and im about to get some louder exhaust so people can hear me better. again glad youre ok, it coulda been alot worse though.

Damn, we were talking about wearing full gear and I know you take that stuff serious. Glad to see your ok bud. Keep your eyes peeled for that SUV in your vehicle, she will have no idea who you are.

damn, glad youre ok bro. people REALLY need to be more aware of motorcyclists. If it was me and she stopped my language probably would not have been so nice... I usually have my highbeams on during the day and both my headlight and high beam are HIDs so that helps, and im about to get some louder exhaust so people can hear me better. again glad youre ok, it coulda been alot worse though.

I always have people in my lane, but they look up, and get back in theirs. Sometimes, they give me a sorry wave, and I wave back. The very short glimpse I got of her, looked like she was bent over getting something out the glove box, or off the floor. My Yoshi exhaust is loud as an F1 car, but if your in La La land you probably won't hear it. I had a guy almost hit me yesterday. He was bouncing up down, throwing gang signs, riding everyone's ass. My girl was behind me in the middle lane, he cuts in between us, rides my ass, then swerves back into the fast lane almost clipping my tire.

Not safe to ride a bike anymore. Too many aholes on their phones. Doubt I'll ever own a street bike. Like I said technology has made people some damn stupid. They think they can listen to a cd, watch a dvd and txt all at the same time. They kill someone and get a year or two in jail if that. just not worth the risk.

Man you got lucky! I have been in a few very close calls when I rode, and have seen a few buddies go down from the same situation. Carry a little ballpein hammer on the side of your bike with you so the next time someone about clips you or cuts you off, you take their mirror off.

Sorry to hear man. I am usually pretty aggresive on the road when people are idiots. I don't know if I would have let anything stop me from getting back on the bike and chasing her down.....