Weathertec Weatherflector WARNING

Well, being a smoker I needed a set of rainguards really badly, and did NOT want the ones that stick to the body, and everyone had great things to say about the weathertech in channel rainguards, so I ordered them from Stylin Concepts, the 4 door package, PN # 88184MAC Dark Smoker 99+ Ext. Cab Silverado. They came in today, and I installed the two front ones, took about 30 seconds each. I pull the rear window ones outta the package and read the instructions, first off I noticed the rear window visors are...small, and only about a half inch deep, something seemed funny. So I read the instructions, and find out that they actually stick to the rear windows themselves....they aren't functional at all, they just stick to the window and are there for the "finished look" So I have a set of 4 rain guards, only 2 of which (front ones) are functional. :fume::fume::fume::fume: So I call up stylin concepts and talk to some guy, who was extrememly nice and understanding. He put me on hold and called Weathertech and had them fax him the instructions so he and his supervisor could read them. He comes back on the line and appologizes and says "Yeah you were right, they're only for looks, however we could arrange something to replace them with EGR (another brand) ones that are functional for the rear windows but they stick on the body" So I told him I didn't want them if they stuck to the body, and asked if I could just return these rear ones and get the refund and only pay for the front ones. But he tells me no since I bought the set of 4 (which come with the 2 front ones in a bag, and 2 back ones in a seperate bag, no actual packaging whatsoever) I would have to return everything, then just have them send me the set of 2 front ones. I didn't wanna deal with it, or shell out the few bucks to send them back and wait for new ones, and I told him I'd just keep them and not use them. So I now have a set of $80 rain guards 2 of which are non functional. I'm not complaining about the price, I decided to keep them and eat the cash, but I told him he better talk to his supervisor about having the webmaster make a note of this on the website as it says nothing about them being non functional, and they'll have a lot of pissed off people if they don't do something about it. End of story.

If it seems that I'm all pissed off over this, I'm really not, I just had a long bad day at work, bad dealings at my dealership after work, and come home to this BS. It's just intended to be a warning for those of you who are looking into these. However I HIGHLY recomend the front 2 pieces, they fit GREAT, look awsome, almost match the black of my truck, are very low profile and don't stick out. Supposed to get 4" of rain here in the next 24 hours so I'll let you all know how they do :thumbs:

That sucks about the rear windows. Do you happen to have any pics to post of the look on the truck? I have the ones that go on the outside and they are pissing me off b/c they are leaking in a couple of spots.

I can get some pics tomorrow probably. I wanted them for the rear windows so I could have them popped open when Im at work, so my truck isn't boiling when I get in :) These aren't even held in by clips, Silversport, they have a fin that slides into the window track and is just held in by pressure. Sounds cheesey and flimsy, but They seem to be in there pretty tight, they tell you to open and close your windows a bunch to make sure they get seated all the way in.

I have the weathertech dark on the front. Here is the closest up pic I could find right now. I'm sure some better close ups will show up soon.

(I actually took it for the artistic look of the sunset reflected on the truck, not the vent shades. :D )

ss01.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was checking the weathertech site for these deflectors and after I enter in my truck info it comes up with the shades, and there's a note on the ext-cab version. "Bonds to glass using transparent adhesive" not sure when it was added but hopefully stylin concepts adds the same info

Shaun

Archived