Truck Running Hot---Electric Fan Question

dgrov3r

a stock OEM stat is a 186* hopefully that's what he used

The part # for the SLP 160* stat is 100228 http://www.jegs.com/i/SLP/847/100228/10002/-1

PCM: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/13640-how-to-removing-your-pcm/

You will need to follow your tuner's "re-learn" process. Your tuner should include the instructions with your PCM.

Upon ordering your tune mail order your tuner will email you a form to complete with your VIN, tires size, gear ratio, thermostat you have etc. So all is taken care of by the tuner so you won't run into any security problems as you asked.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this morning it was only 50 degrees here in NH and after letting my truck run for about two minutes i made the 8 minute ride. It was running about 220 i have changed the fan clutch assy replaced the tstat and flushed the coolant. Im not to happy about the coolant being green which he didnt asked me he was just so adamin about it and he used a 190 tstat because thats all he could get and told me to come back as soon as i got 160 and hed pop it in for free. So can someone tell me what i need to do to get the truck right, i do not have funds for efans i just got tstar cai and spare pcm ---

Guys after my wreck I had the body shop put me in an all aluminum radiator. Now on days like today when it is 45* outside my truck is throwing a code P0128 Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Operating Temp! The entire ride to work this morning my temps stayed at 180* and it is a 25 mile drive down the highway at 80mph!!!

Nothing will beat an all aluminum radiator for cooling and efficiency!