Exhaust

Joe Louis

I recently bought a 03SS It has Gibson headers and muffler but it doesnt sound tough? I want my truck to sound like a beast with out compromising performance what should I do??? Any advice appreciated!

Gibson is just a tiny bit louder than stock, I like it alot it doesnt draw attention. You need to take those shorties off their a waste, you need Long Tube headers such as Dynatech or ARH. As far as exhaust do you want a deep tone exhaust (Billy Boat or Magnaflow) or something that is tame and only scares the piss outta people when you floor it (Corsa)?

The Billy Boat with LTs will be obnoxiously loud. Same with the Corsa at wot with LTs.

Corsa sport with Dynatech LTs

Corsa touring with Dynatech LTs

Corsa touring with ARH LTs

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/videos/view-40-ss-corsalts/

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/70152-obx-headers-installed/page__p__779197__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=779197 Billy Boat with Dynatech LTs

What Gibson system did you purchase? And will you be selling it?

I have stock manifolds and cats still. I bought a corsa sport exhaust and it wasn't loud enough for me. It did sound amazingly nice but, not loud enough. So I have actually taken off the muffler and clamped on a straight pipe instead. It actually sounds AMAZINGLY good now.

The camera sucks dick, it's alot louder in person than on the video.

Heres a good video of when I had the corsa, ignore the rattle at the start, theres a broken baffle in my muffler.

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

Thanks Gavin! I think I might have to go with the straight pipes! With it pass the smog check if I also leave the CAT on ?

I wouldn't know, I don't ahve to do that emissions stuff where I live.

Keep in mind if you straight pipe ur gonna be louder than I am since you have headers. It might get more raspy.

If you want I can take a better video with my new HD camera? It's about time I did a new exhaust video anyway.