Lifting An Ss

johnshea

I am looking for info on lifting an SS AWD . Most lift kit companies advise against lifting an AWD vehicle because of added vibration to the front end and transfer case. I am considering turning (big mod) the front meatball to help on the wear of the universal joints.

Thanks!

dont lift it. its a sports truck. but its your truck do what you want with it. i just dont see a point in lifting a truck so nice and something thats ment to be lower than most trucks. be ready to have stones thrown at you. by posting something like this on a SS forum. good luck in whatever path you take. :cry::uhoh::nono::dunno::nonod::idiot::jester::pop::omg:

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Guest jasonhensley22

You might as well get off this forum, use the search button and look at all the comments people said towards the last post about someone lifting an SS, it's blasphemy...

Raise It Up! Youll be killing any other truck in snow. Glad to see one person willing to do this. Now if you were 2wd that would be pointless. I remember passing counltess local and state plow trucks ranging from 1500 z71s, 2500-3500hds and state 10 wheelers off into the woods while I was still going the speed limit in a blizzard on my way to surgery (my friend drove home obviously). :pepsicheer:

Edit - to each his own, and who cares what other people think, its your truck. If it makes you happy, thats what counts. And as far as someone telling you to leave the forum, thats just wrong. Sometimes opinions stinks like assholes.

Do it up :chevy:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Unless your planning to make it a bad ass long travel truck then I wouldn't. I'm all for going against the social norm and having something totally different then everyone else, its your truck, do as you see fit. AWD is the shit for sand and snow...I see your in CT so you might see some snow, but not much sand, if you were out west it'd be a sweet desert/dune ride...

Please don't lift you ss. That goes against the trucks whole meaning of life lol

Are all ss AWD? When I purchased mine I saw a few '06 advertised as 2wd?? Thought it was atypo

Sent from my A854 using Tapatalk

Use the search button this is like the 10th time this has been asked. I wouldn't lift an SS get a Z71

I considered tbuying a 2500 but then I would dress it up like an ss and that would be a fake ss.... NOT. Im still figuring out how to manouver around on these threads, Ill check the search for sure thanks!

Raise It Up! Youll be killing any other truck in snow. Glad to see one person willing to do this. Now if you were 2wd that would be pointless. I remember passing counltess local and state plow trucks ranging from 1500 z71s, 2500-3500hds and state 10 wheelers off into the woods while I was still going the speed limit in a blizzard on my way to surgery (my friend drove home obviously). :pepsicheer:

Edit - to each his own, and who cares what other people think, its your truck. If it makes you happy, thats what counts. And as far as someone telling you to leave the forum, thats just wrong. Sometimes opinions stinks like assholes.

Do it up :chevy:

What goes up can go back down... Im going for it!