Ebc Rotors And Pads

silverado777

So, I ordered a set of EBC 3GD Sport slotted and dimpled rotors and yellow stuff pads 2 weeks ago from superbrakewharehouse.com (which was a lot cheaper than anywhere I could find. Carzy fast shipping too) So, I installed the front rotors and pads and I am not impressed with these. I notice a little bit better stopping power but the noise of these things is enough to drive a man crazy! Especially if you are driving next to a car or wall that the sound can reflect on. This so called "slight wind noise" is a lot louder than EBC made it seem. Maybe its the dimples but I have never heard brakes sound like this before. I have had drilled and slotted rotors with no issues at all. I've had them on for about 300 miles and I am hoping the sound will go down. Especially when I am just driving down the road without the brakes on. Either way I'm not impressed, I am so done with brakes I'm about to go back to stock or spend the money on a Brembo kit. Just thought I would share my experience with you just incase you were wondering about these products.

I recently put new AC Delco front pads and AC Delco rear shoes, new Durastop rotors and drums, a good flush and bleed and my truck stops pro! Oh and silent too....All OEM stuff here....

OEM for the win, with the 05 front brake upgrade and s/s lines. Cant lose when they will last you over 100k miles.:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I feel your pain . I am running the same pads and mine squeek (sp) like crazy when coming to a stop. And I followed the break in instruction as best as one could do on a street driven vehicle.

I have at least 20K miles on my EBC sport rotors and AZ C-Max pads. The pads were seated per instructions, and was anal to the point of using the parking brake to hold it at stop lights.till they were broke in. Early on I did hear a whirring or light whooshing sound but have either got used to it or it went away. The rotors are loads better than Taiwan eBay crap don't kid yourself. I have no qualms about using them again or recommending to anyone.