20S Vs 22S

96vteccd5

What size rims would you prefer  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What size rims would you prefer

• Get the 20's in my sig color matched to my truck
    • Get some 22's

Well, since the rims that are in my sig below ended up getting some pitting from the wonderful salt roads here in MD I am torn between the options above. I like to keep a nice size profile tire in case I ever have to go off-road but I am not doing any heavy duty off roading. I am pretty sure that even if I looked at some 22"s my gas mileage will go to shit but wonder if it is a major difference from the 20s I have.

FYI I do tow from time to time, I use my bed often, and of course the roads of DC or Baltimore have the issues. Thanks for your opinion.

I like 20s personally, not a fan of big rims. I like the look of the SS with 20s on a 2/2 drop, and I also like 22s SS reps on the stock SS height. With what your describing I would stay with 20s so you can go off roading and tow. I know all too well about bad roads here in the northeast. I think personally think 20s are your best bet, still have clearance and wont have to worry about bending your rims as much as 22s. Just my opinion, good luck choosing :chevrolet:

I like 20s personally, not a fan of big rims. I like the look of the SS with 20s on a 2/2 drop, and I also like 22s SS reps on the stock SS height. With what your describing I would stay with 20s so you can go off roading and tow. I know all too well about bad roads here in the northeast. I think personally think 20s are your best bet, still have clearance and wont have to worry about bending your rims as much as 22s. Just my opinion, good luck choosing :chevrolet:

Yea I am kinda thinking the same thing. As much as I know the 22 TBSS would look really really good, I just know with all the damn construction and how the roads will be for the next few years I think the 20's would be a better look. Thanks for the advice.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same dilemna. I am dying for the TBSS replicas, but I just wish they came in 20's. I like the look of the 20's because they dont look "too" big, and I can also re-use my tires I already have. If they made the TBSS wheels in 20's I would jump all over that! :confused: Still, there are plenty of great 20" options out there. I will probably end up with SSS chrome replicas if I dont find any OE chromes when I have the funds. I currently have the factory 20" grays.