Opinions On Led Brake Light Bars

Should I get a LED Brake Light Bar?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get a LED Brake Lihttp://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=18#ght Bar?

• Yes
    • No

When I first seen the LED light bars, I thought they was best for trucks with shaved tail lights. I didnt like them any other way. Thought they looked tacky to be honest. Now that I have smoked tail lights (that are LED) I am afraid of being rear ended, or if in a wreck, the cops my rule it the other way due to the tails. The LED Light bar as grown with me, and I feel if I get one I can see backing up at night due to the White Ice part. I found one on ebay for around $32.99 that does both. Are these good quality? Or should I even worry about it all together. Voice opinions please. Thanks

i love the looks of light bars. but if you dont want one and still want to see while backing up throw some hids in your reverse lights. i have titned tails and they are awesome. i say get the bar but dont skimp out and buy a cheap one off ebay. the leds burn out and then they look cheesy. get a recon scanning or plasmaglow fire and ice if ya do get one. i say do it

• 2 weeks later...

ive had my share of them i like them had two diff ones on the SS cause i also tinted my tails and was afraid for the same reason.... I went through like 4 different sets of lights the would work for about a month and stop so i gave up and got my money back from sylintrucks

I love my light Bar. I to have tinted tails and that is the reason I got a light bar. The light bar works great especially when its bright outside when its the harddest to see the tinted tails. Mine also do not stay on all the time, jut when braking and when the turn signals are on. I feel its kinda a insurance policy. If someone hits me and they say they could not see my tailights there is no way they cant see the light bar

One of the only issues is that the bar is not designed for our trucks. There is a little lip on the gray plastic top part of the bumper. You can eaither cut the lip off, or attach the bar to the lip but then the bar rubs a little on the tailgate.

DSC00969.jpg

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...