Truck Running Too Hot After Cam Swap

Ok I just finished a cam swap three days ago. Since then Ive noticed that my engine coolant temp is peaking around 210 at times and this is with a 160 thermostat. Before the swap the hottest temp I would ever see is 190. I have idled the truck up to normal operating temp and then opened the coolant resevoir in hopes of getting air out of the system which did not help. Whats going on? Also since I installed headers 3 weeks ago Ive noticed that my tranny is running hotter close to 200 degrees but just shy. I even wrapped the tranny cooler lines with the high temp rubber houses included in the pacesetter kit. Do any of you have similar problems? Is this normal for having headers and a cam or what?

• 3 weeks later...

There are many things to look at, but first would be a tune issue. If you haven't got that dialed yet the pcm can incorrectly think there is a missfire condition occuring which will cause a few issue's. One of those issue's would be that the tcc will not be locked. This will create more heat in the transmission as well as the engine. Since you have an 04' I'm assuming you have the clutch fan still which will not fully engage at a low temperature anyway and will cause the engine to run warmer, but not overheat.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I found the culprit, at least on the engine temp anyways.I mistakeingly purchased Dexcool that was not already mixed 50/50 and it was just straight antifreeze. So i drained and refilled the radiator to a 50/50 mix and instantly my temperature dropped back down to normal within 175-180. I just hope that by running it for 3 days before i found the problem did not damage my cooling system. As for the transmission Im just gona slap a Trucool 40k in it and be done with it.