Chevy must not want to sell SS's

gearheads78

I just got back from the opening of the Dallas auto show. I expected to see a elaborate display of the SS to help introduce it to the general public. Not only did they not have a spectactular display for the SS, they had no display for it at all. That right not a SS to be found anywhere in the building. :fume: We have such a great truck and Chevy has jacked up the sticker to the moon but they don't even push it with any advertising. I'm not a marketing major but what am I missing here?

Yeah, I went to two auto shows out here for the specific purpose of seeing an SS. Struck out both times and the LA Auto show isn't exactly some backwater auto show :rolleyes: . The first SS I saw was at a dealer. The first blue SS I saw was mine :wtf: . Talk about flying blind!

Yeah, I went to two auto shows out here for the specific purpose of seeing an SS. Struck out both times and the LA Auto show isn't exactly some backwater auto show :rolleyes: . The first SS I saw was at a dealer. The first blue SS I saw was mine :wtf: . Talk about flying blind!

One thing I have heard is there is a big advertisement/show at the Nascar races starting with Taledaga (sp?). They are also doing something big at Indy. :thumbs::flag:

unfortunatly they seem to be incapable of getting the sold orders out fast enough let alone advertise. the ssr which has been over-advertised though, isn't going to sell well at a base price of 41,995.

:cool: I was at the north american international auto show at cobo center in detroit the beginning of this year, that was the first and only time i have seen one. I live on toledo and none of the dealers have one yet. here are a few pics i took in detroit.P1150035.jpg

P1150029.jpg

P1150032.jpg

P1150034.jpg

hope you like :cheers:

I think GM has been keepin' 'em "under wraps", so to speak, because they finally came to realize that they spent a whole lot of $$$ developing one REALLY FUGLY truck!! :puke: ... and sluggish, to boot! Doesn't deserve the "SS" badging IMO!! :sigh:

• 2 weeks later...

i kind of think it's cool they don't advertise them, the less people that know about them, the less they will sell. of course us truck people know about them, but non-truck people don't, which means less sold and makes them more rare. :chevy:

I agree, most people don't have a clue what the SS is period. That suits me just fine. For example, I took mine to get an inspection sticker today (purchased it out of state) and he asked me if it was the new Avalanche :crazy:

:thumbs::chevy:

rmcswain,

I can understand how someone unaware of what an "SS" is, could confuse it with the Avalanche! ... that IS the really sad part of the current "SS" story! This "SS" really doesn't live up to the SS tradition or expectations that should otherwise set it apart! It is just a "me too" :sigh:

Archived