Silverado Hd Tests

smoothdime

just watched all the comparison videos. can't say im surprised how well the silverado hd did. peelout.gifwhen i have the need for an HD i will def be buying one of these. anyone have one of these?

http://www.chevrolet.com/hd-to-hd-truck-comparison/

Guest JasonHensley22

I used to be a diesel guy and had a 2010 F350 6.4 litre with the sequential turbos. It was an awesome truck I have to say. Don't get me wrong i'm glad to be back with the bowtie but i'll give Ford it's due, it was a really nice truck.

Currently on frame twist, looking good! Kind of odd how they are leaving out the dodge on some tests.. Makes me wonder if they're not showing it because it won on some of the tests or just was that terrible. Aka test 3

I wouldnt be suprised they left Dodge out as their frames are absolutely terrible. Their was the video of a Srt-10 and the kid who flipped it and the A pillar crushed like fat woman sitting on a worm.

As far as Ford, their frames saved my life. Was an Explorer not a p/u. However drove around a F-250 powerstroke and thing was T-boned 3 times from idiiots not stopping while we were plowing, truck still ran strong as a bull and the frame was never bent. So I have nothing bad to say about Ford. I want a 99-02 duramaxx though as a dd or just swap the duramax into a Colorado if it would fit.

Was bored so I watched all of those test videos, pretty interesting. They all look like nice trucks, but I'm not really a HD guy, but I would still pick a Duramax over either of the others any day.

EDIT: I didn't post this twice...?

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

those are pretty awesome videos

The frame twist i knew the Chevy would win because of the independent front suspension. I think this is why they did not show the ram because it has independent suspension as well

I think its funny in the passing test how they could only put 16,500lbs because that is the max for the Ram and the Chevy and Ford can do over 21,000 lbs

I think they also left the ram out of a few test because The Chevy and Ford are almost in a different class. Ford is Chevy's biggest competitor so they need to show how much better the Chevy is over the Ford because everyone knows that the Ram is crap compared.