Detailed The Ss With Adam'S/ Also Sub Box Complete

shawnss

Well its been a year sense i had gave the truck a good detailing. The truck doesn't see much time outside so its easy to keep clean. but it was time for a good bath. i took a few days off work and decided it was a good chance to get her all cleaned up. it was pretty warm here 100 for the past few days. but i got the job done. also got a chance to try the Adam's Americana and its some great stuff. also i just built a custom sub enclosure over the winter and i finally got it painted and installed. this sub enclosure turned out just how i wanted it. there was a few times during the build that i felt like giving up but i knew what the out come would be so i stuck with it and im sure glad i did. i took it to a local car show this past weekend and people loved it. its my first fiber glass box so don't beat me up to bad.

IMG_9241.jpg

IMG_9270.jpg

IMG_9271.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg

IMG_8793.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

IMG_9070.jpg

IMG_9067.jpg

IMG_9273.jpg

not that you will see much of it but i added a nice touch behind the sub enclosure.

it was quite ugly after removing the back seat. heres a before and after picture.

IMG_3867.jpg

and a after pictures. i used a 1/8th inch piece of wood and built this cover and wrapped it.

IMG_8883.jpg

IMG_8880.jpg

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Those are wicked! where did you get them from?

Really they are just a Hella fog light kit i bought from my local truck accessories store. they are hella micro FF series. they are a lot cheaper to get online. i paid like $120 for mine but you can get then online for like $55 bucks. then you just need to buy a hid kit for them and install them. the hardest part was getting the hid to fit in the hella light. i had to pull the little melt thing out then the slipped right in. then i had to cut a whole in the back plastic of the hella light housing so the hid bulb wire had a place to fit. then i just used RTV black to seal it so water didnt get in. then i made a super simple bracket and mounted them. heres the hella light kit i got. http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/hella-micro-ff-kit-007133831/?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_term=GoogleShopping&utm_content=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping

in this picture you can see where i had to drill a hole in the back of the light housing. only reason i had to drill a hole is because the hid bulb is so much bigger than the normal bulb that comes in the kit. you can also see where i used the RTV black to seal up the light fixture. it was real clean and simple.

IMG_6129.jpg

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)