What To Look For?

mr84ss

whats up fam. im going to look at a 03 silverado ss tomorrow. this will be my first time inspecting a ss.. the seller says the tuck has 160k on it. what problem should i look for to make sure its in good shape?. . also what price range should the truck be in with that many miles?

An 03 with 160k, I'd say 10k, TOPS, but probably not even that. If you're in Ga like you say rust won't be a problem. So just make sure the tranny pulls good and the engine runs smooth for the most part. And of course turn on and try all the electronics.

EDIT- The Kbb on a 2003 ss with 160k is $9210.00

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

1st spot I always investigate on a vehicle is under the drivers seat. If you find some coins walk away. He most likely cleaned the truck up nicely to show to you, but little things like that show how much he really cared about the truck (wether to put the change back into his pocket or just throw it somewhere in the truck and not care where it winds up). Also check under the passenger seat, same type deal.

1st spot I always investigate on a vehicle is under the drivers seat. If you find some coins walk away. He most likely cleaned the truck up nicely to show to you, but little things like that show how much he really cared about the truck (wether to put the change back into his pocket or just throw it somewhere in the truck and not care where it winds up). Also check under the passenger seat, same type deal.

Oh god don't look under my seat!

The little spot next to the cup holders, makes a great french fry holder!

I would just check the engine out make sure it sounds and runs good and doesn't leak oil, and make sure the transmission shifts nice and the front diff isn't making any bad noise while driving down the road. Other than that just the usual paint and interior check and if it passes buy it! Chevy_anim.gif

Oh god don't look under my seat!

The little spot next to the cup holders, makes a great french fry holder!

:crackup: True that! However my beagle always rides/sits on the center console so I cant have any food in the vehicle or she will eat it, even if its wrapped up. She is a little devil but wouldnt trade her 4 anything.

Edit - Back to the topic. I would ask for the vehicles service history. If he hands it over easy/willingly shows its been taken care of imo. Any hesitation I would question it.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

I would just check the engine out make sure it sounds and runs good and doesn't leak oil, and make sure the transmission shifts nice and the front diff isn't making any bad noise while driving down the road. Other than that just the usual paint and interior check and if it passes buy it! Chevy_anim.gif

:withstupid: I'm pickey so I look at every blemish, dealers get mad at me lol because I take so long to inspect everything.