Truck Acts Like It Wants To Die

catdaddy300

well unless some nice gentleman installed a cam in my truck while i was sleeping something fishy is up with my chevy. when i am driving i notice no problems but when i come to a stop my trucks rpms go to like 300 and then it jumps up past 500 it just recently started doing this. truck hasnt die yet that i know of yet . should i be worried or is it nada?

Have you done any maintenance or mods lately? One time I change my oil and forgot to put the oil cap back on. It started to do exactly what you described. Never killed but idled low until I figured it out and got a new one.

well sounds like i am going to have to accually clean that damn thing.... aint going to lie i have been avoiding it like the plauge but sounds like that might be helpful for overall truck health, i also need to check and see if the oil cap is off.... i kinda jumped the gun and poseted this and didnt do any trouble shooting myself, i know i am lazy, lol