The Sss Drowned

juriha

I'm with those guys do up a nice 408 and sorry/happy for your lose but why did you try the crossing in the first place? Was the depth of water deceiving to you guys?

Btw you did the right thing helping out the Titan owner.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I wasnt sure what the extent was of the damage at that point, and the road did look passable, like I said the water was only 10-12 inches deep and then got deep real fast...hindsight is 20/20 I just wanted to get home...Live and learn.

Anyone got any pointers on what a 408 build entails? Im a virgin when it comes to actually building motors, my guy I'm sure would have some idea, Ive looked at multiple build threads, including shadowsnipers and krambos but I doubt the cash flow will allow me to build to that extent. Keep in mind the insurance company will only cover bringing her back to stock...not a 408. The guy doing my work says he can get 450-500hp out of a LQ9 and hes in the process of coming up with a build and I should have it by Monday or Tuesday. I will post up what he comes up with so you guys can give me your opinions...

Sorry, to hear about your situation, but you like you said, an opportunity to make it faster and better! smoker.gif Ck out zippys budget build:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/71059-my-mule-project/

If money is crazy tight right now, just have your guy build the bottom end using your stock heads (until you can afford to upgrade).

What about the electrical in the truck? A lot of the connectors (inside the vehicle mainly) and the distribution center will probably have standing water in them. I would be concerned about corrosion, bad grounds and other electrical problems going forward? Did the interior of the truck get swamped? Something to consider before you start having electrical problems 6 months down the road. Good luck with getting her road worthy again and hope it is a ton faster when you do! peelout.gif