Need Opinions

mcmahan

Ok everyone I am having issues deciding on rims here. When I got the 22"s I have now it was easy but since all I am doing to the SSS now is cam and supporting mods and a 4/6 drop I am wanting it to be more custom look. I am also going to two tone it still at some point.

My thoughts are a staggered wheel set up like a 22X9.5 up from and a 22X12 in the rear or even a 24X12 in the rear. I know most of you are gonna call me stupid for this but I want to build a decent powered show truck. If I need to do a small tub that's ok too. I am up for opinions and suggestions. I would like to have something 5 star or a open 6.

Thanks for looking and help!

Justin

i like the look of a low show truck with 24's in the back with a huge lip and 22's up front, some nice wide boots and a nice two tone (one in the pic?) would look pretty sick to me. one thing i do like to see in a show truck is a well done interior and also underhood

i like the look of a low show truck with 24's in the back with a huge lip and 22's up front, some nice wide boots and a nice two tone (one in the pic?) would look pretty sick to me. one thing i do like to see in a show truck is a well done interior and also underhood

Thats my plan. I am going to do orange and silver idk if a 4/6 drop is enough to tuck 24X12's in the rear but I think it will look good. My interior is getting done soon. gonna get smoothed and painted and have lots of carbon fiber and under the hood will be color mated plastics and carbon fiber as well. I am gonna shave it soon too.

Thanks for the opinion brother

Idk how big a tub I will go with if even any prob gonna stick with a 22X11 or 22X12

The big problem is finding a wheel brand that has a design I like and I will more than likely have to get them custom made for the rear

I would go 22s both front and rear (22x9.5 front 22x12rear). Bigger the tire like a 24 will only hurt your track times, but by only a little bit. Or maybe 20x10 front 22x12 rear, Im just not a big wheel person 20s are the max for me but I do like the bigger rear tire both length and width.

I would go 22s both front and rear (22x9.5 front 22x12rear). Bigger the tire like a 24 will only hurt your track times, but by only a little bit. Or maybe 20x10 front 22x12 rear, Im just not a big wheel person 20s are the max for me but I do like the bigger rear tire both length and width.

Very good point Mr. Andrew. There are so many things to consider lol its really driving me crazy

To tuck a 12" wheel in the rear, you may have to 4 link the back end and take off the leafs. I'm not 100% on that but it would give you plenty of room. Then, you could shorten the rearend and do a 0 offset which would be sick!! :devil:

Edited by 03_SS_22 (see edit history)