New Brake Help

smalltownguy

Ok yal I really need new brakes well at least rotors and pads but lookin at serious kits from the big names like brembo we r talking 6gs!!! Is it really worth it to by the kits with the awesome calipbers or just spend 800 for the same rotors and ceramic pads but use stock calipers? Am i missin somin altogether as to why the kits cost so so much more???

Guest JasonHensley22

I'm going to be going with the Baer Alumnasports eventually. They are $950 per axle and thats pads, drilled & slotted rotors, and nice red calipers. Only thing is they don't come with new lines, which I find odd.

I am with 777 for the most part. Do the hydroboost swap along with some drilled and slotted or slotted rotors and some nice ceramic pads. That is my setup and it can stop the hog pretty damn good. The best upgrade in all of it was the Hydroboost conversion. Huge difference in braking and more control. I will be adding some stainless brake lines to it in the next few months too, and if they help like they have on everything else I have put them on I don't see ever going to a high dollar brake setup.

I am with 777 for the most part. Do the hydroboost swap along with some drilled and slotted or slotted rotors and some nice ceramic pads. That is my setup and it can stop the hog pretty damn good. The best upgrade in all of it was the Hydroboost conversion. Huge difference in braking and more control. I will be adding some stainless brake lines to it in the next few months too, and if they help like they have on everything else I have put them on I don't see ever going to a high dollar brake setup.

What brand rotors do u have? Stock size? Part number? And steel lines really needed? Hydroboost i will have to search for and read about but thanks guys... Another set of 15" zo6 brakes just went for sale for 1000 dollars for fronts and I'm kinda likin that idea we will see but thanks Yal

I'm going to be going with the Baer Alumnasports eventually. They are $950 per axle and thats pads, drilled & slotted rotors, and nice red calipers. Only thing is they don't come with new lines, which I find odd.

Where can I find those bad boys for 950? U gonna do the swap urself? I may need these after I look around

You should do a write up on your Hydroboost.

Im running stock drilled slotted in the front and slotted rears from NAPA. No problems also I run thermo tech pads. Prob going to run stainless steel lines soon and do the hydro boost. But we will see.

Stock sizes from napa or did u go bigger?