Shopping for headers

If you're looking to get some gain out of headers, personally, I wouldn't waste time with shorty headers.  Either go with a mid-length, or long tube and you'll be much more happier.  A little more work involved, but worth it.

the problem with mid-legnth and long tubes though is that they aren't emissions legal. pennsylvania as i recall is pretty picky about that.

Yeah Zippy, PA is turning into California. Right now all they're doing is a visual inspections but next year there will be a computerized system that will hook into your exhaust to measure how much you are putting into the air, and you will get a pass or fail from the computer. :wtf:

Sounds like its time to start buddying up to a state inspector. PA used to do inspections at gas stations and tire shops, etc. Do they still do it that way?

One of my college buddies built a very souped up Camaro from favors earned doing "inspections"

Some gas stations have a state inspections license but overall anywhere that is qualified to do inspections can do one, most likely you will find them in car shops repair centers, mechanic shops and good all Monroe,Midas ETC. Also with this new inspections you will have 2 Inspection stickers in your window one for emmisions and one for the overall of the car. Not to mention the price now it went up from $22.00 to $34.00 :fume: I guess somehow we got to fix these shitty roads here in PA. :fume:

Archived