Shopping for headers

Guys help me out, I am trying to shop for headers and I am thinking that our trucks don't have EGR/AIR, but I rather make sure and ask the profesionals out here. :lol:

So you must be looking at the Edelbrock headers then, right? (They are the only ones I've seen that ask you if you have AIR/EGR). That's going to be my choice, too.

By the way, A.I.R. = Air Injector Reactor (or Air Injection Reaction, depending on who you ask). :D

Thanks a lot guys!! I am undicided between edelbrock and JBA. I really want the supermaxx but the price kinda makes me puke and new regulations for emmisions here in PA scares me even more so for now I am trying to stay with the shorties. any good deals out there.

Thanks again guys!! :thumbs:

Thanks a lot guys!! I am undicided between edelbrock and JBA. I really want the supermaxx but the price kinda makes me puke and new regulations for emmisions here in PA scares me even more so for now I am trying to stay with the shorties. any good deals out there.

Thanks again guys!! :thumbs:

I saw the Edelbrock shorties at Jeg's for $299 (ceramic coated)...

If you're looking to get some gain out of headers, personally, I wouldn't waste time with shorty headers. Either go with a mid-length, or long tube and you'll be much more happier. A little more work involved, but worth it.

If you're looking to get some gain out of headers, personally, I wouldn't waste time with shorty headers. Either go with a mid-length, or long tube and you'll be much more happier. A little more work involved, but worth it.

the problem with mid-legnth and long tubes though is that they aren't emissions legal. pennsylvania as i recall is pretty picky about that.

If you're looking to get some gain out of headers, personally, I wouldn't waste time with shorty headers.  Either go with a mid-length, or long tube and you'll be much more happier.  A little more work involved, but worth it.

the problem with mid-legnth and long tubes though is that they aren't emissions legal. pennsylvania as i recall is pretty picky about that.

Yeah Zippy, PA is turning into California. Right now all they're doing is a visual inspections but next year there will be a computerized system that will hook into your exhaust to measure how much you are putting into the air, and you will get a pass or fail from the computer. :wtf:

If you're looking to get some gain out of headers, personally, I wouldn't waste time with shorty headers.  Either go with a mid-length, or long tube and you'll be much more happier.  A little more work involved, but worth it.

Yeah Zippy, PA is turning into California. Right now all they're doing is a visual inspections but next year there will be a computerized system that will hook into your exhaust to measure how much you are putting into the air, and you will get a pass or fail from the computer. :wtf:

Sounds like its time to start buddying up to a state inspector. PA used to do inspections at gas stations and tire shops, etc. Do they still do it that way?

One of my college buddies built a very souped up Camaro from favors earned doing "inspections"

TOGs, I thought, were 50-state legal. CA is the worst and Adam put them in his.

Edit: just checked their website and it says 50-state legal.

never checked that, but good info. thanx ben. :thumbs:

Archived