Trailblazer TQ. Converter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Zippy - could you answer a newbie question: I have not read the tech manual on the LQ9 yet, am I to assume that this motor is internally balanced?? No one has said anything about engine balance swapping convertors so I have assumed they are zero-balanced - is this right??

Mr. P. :)

Zippy i think i fried my gearbox with installing the shiftkit, (oil burny and black :banghead: ) so i bring my trans to a shop i found overhere. With the trans out i can change the tc verry easy :happysad: . So do you think i can use the trailblazer tc too? i have the vortech with intercooler installed.

Dude, that sucks... :tear: Hope you're back on the road real soon - and I would like to hear what caused it.

yes, it would be a welcome improvement over the stock one you were running.

So Zippy, for me part number 24228708 will be fine?

Dude, that sucks...  :tear:  Hope you're back on the road real soon - and I would like to hear what caused it.

Tnx, i bring it to the shop next wensday, ofcourse i will ask, it acured after i installed the shiftkit :banghead:

Zippy...can you recommend one for my '01 C3? Only mods are Wester's, K&N drop in, and custom duals with X-pipe and dumps. I generally don't carry a lot of weight or tow anything, but would like to be able to if needed.

With the 3.73 gears I need a little help off the line to get my 60' times down, but don't want to go to a high stall since this is my daily driver. A Trailblazer convertor is sounding like what I need.

Zippy...can you recommend one for my '01 C3? Only mods are Wester's, K&N drop in, and custom duals with X-pipe and dumps. I generally don't carry a lot of weight or tow anything, but would like to be able to if needed.

With the 3.73 gears I need a little help off the line to get my 60' times down, but don't want to go to a high stall since this is my daily driver. A Trailblazer convertor is sounding like what I need.

My new 205/212, .548/.540 cam did wonders for my off-the-line performance, and I sacrificed nothing in capacities (towing, payload). I have low end power that starts at 600 RPM and goes forever (well, until other components break). Didn't want to sacrifice a tight stock converter stall speed, and didn't have to.

My new 205/212, .548/.540 cam did wonders for my off-the-line performance, and I sacrificed nothing in capacities (towing, payload). I have low end power that starts at 600 RPM and goes forever (well, until other components break). Didn't want to sacrifice a tight stock converter stall speed, and didn't have to.

BTW, I have 3.73's as well, and was considering swapping to 4.10's. Not necessary now. :D

the trailblazer converter would be a noticable improvement in that c3 also. should be able to get the 60's in the low 2.0 range.

even with that extra torque from the new cam, more stall would be helpfull in getting that av moving....

the trailblazer converter would be a noticable improvement in that c3 also. should be able to get the 60's in the low 2.0 range.

even with that extra torque from the new cam, more stall would be helpfull in getting that av moving....

Seriously Zip Man, my retired friends who are in their 60'sasked me for a ride in the truck with its 'new modification', and I had to politely decline. The wife has neck vertabrae problems, and I didn't want her injury on my conscience. The acceleration since the cam install is literally 'neck snapping.'

It really is an amazing difference, I have no need now for 4.10 gears, larger stall, anything. It rocks. I believe you that I would get some more torque from a higher stall, but I don't want it. All I actually want is my truck back, this Corolla is nutless... :cry:

Is that all? I would have thought you would have gotten more. I'm guessing I got that much out of my Wester's tune alone. Is your ET in your sig correct? Even with the Radix only 15.5@88mph? My current best is 15.02 at 92.37.

The cam was pretty small, and all I have right now is the stock 3.4" Radix pulley, and stock Radix Superchips tune. I'm running close to 9:1 A/F so I'm pig-rich....I'm sure that's where a lot of the power is. Also, keep in mind that I have the LM7, not the LQ4 that you have, you've got 325 HP to my 285 just to start. The ET in my sig was in the truck as it is described above but without the cam. I would have liked to have given you guys a new time with the cam but that was before the driveshaft broke. :smash:

Archived