The Porche Caymen S Is Slow.

misterp

Glad to see someone agrees with me. Someone I know worked at a Porsche dealer and always said it would kick my trucks arse through corners, take offs etc. But just give the SS some mods and say buh bye foreigner. At least I had his brother in my truck and showed him the take off power stock in our trucks from a tight corner and he was very baffled to say the least, as they are use to Z-71s 5300 Vortec's and not an AWD vortec 6000.

Good job P!

edit - I guess my only other question is how our trucks are against the Cayenne S.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

LOL. Find this out personally?

Yeah I live in a "target-rich environment!" Where I live there is a very large round-about flanked by a HP campus, SMU, PepsiCo, Dr Pepper/Snapple, etc and I have to drive through that roundabout to/from work. So lots of DD exotic cars. During rush-hour I was following a nicely-kept Caymen S and he tried to break away from me at the stoplight and loose me in the roundabout, I knew he wouldn't build up enough MPH to get away from the truck on the 1/8-mile straight leading to the roundabout but I fully expected to loose him in the long bending turn. The intersection at the stoplight we started from is very rough, because of that I am in the morning habit of purposely engaging T/H in that spot so the truck will not shift into 2nd until I have passed over all the rough pavement in the middle of the intersection - (back to the story) after the Porche clears the rough middle of the intersection all of a sudden the driver just *mats it* and he's off like a dart, and I threw my toe into the gas pedal; I was still in first gear at about 3500-rpm = the truck just jumped out of it's own skin and reeled him back in, we entered the roundabout bumper-to-bumper. We both had to go 2/3rds of the way through the roundabout, imagine a good 1000-ft left-hand bender and he never shook me, I looked down at the speedo and we were going 55+ mph! The truck was moderately out of composure and understeering but I was still in my lane, the Hotchkiss bars and new tires did better than I expected!

... Someone I know worked at a Porsche dealer and always said it would kick my trucks arse through corners, take offs etc. But just give the SS some mods and say buh bye foreigner...

:withstupid: Well in all fairness the truck isn't a supercar, but it does better than one would expect.

I've already lined-up my next goal - an attorney in my office building has a silver Ferarri 458 Italia as his DD. But that might be taking on a lot more than the truck can handle lol.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Thats interesting P on the area and people around your living quarters. My father also worked with the higher up computer heads in the DFW area, was their back in the mid 90s when Dallas was turning into a big city.

Im on a stock tune and ya, 1st gear and 3rd gear are monsters. Im almost afraid Im going to blow my tranny out when I have maxxed out the pedal you can feel the whole entire engine compartment just shake like it wants jump out like a rocket ship. I can only imagine when I start modding.

Good luck with the Ferrari, I bet he will be suprised to say the least no matter the outcome. :chevrolet:

... Im almost afraid Im going to blow my tranny out when I have maxxed out the pedal...

You have very good reason to - my truck with tune, TCS-2800, CAI, factory manifolds, & Corsa catback grenaded the output shaft on a 1-2 shift. And that was I think on it's 3rd build. I did not increase engine torque until I felt I had conquered the trans issues.

Mr. P.