Thinking About Getting A Bike

Ruben525

So I did my taxes and looks like its time to start shoping around for a bike. Everyone I have been talking to is telling me to get a 1000 but I really don't care if it's a 600 or 1000. I narrowed it down to a honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki. One of my buddies is gonna let me try out is Cbr 1000 this weekend to make sure I really want a bike and not wast my money for nothing. I really don't want to spend much more then 4k since its my first bike.

Good man! Honda or Yamaha!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk why u would need a 1000, 600 is plenty especially for a beginner. Good plan to stay cheap, glad I got a cheaper first bike cause I laid it down on the freeway.

Damn how did you do that? Yea that's why I don't want to spend a lot since its gonna be my first. I found one for cheap about an hour and a half away. Here's the link. Let me know what you guys think. I don't like the puma thing it has on it.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2005-Yamaha-Yzfr6s-101894153

Are your friends in your death will?Why would they want you to get a 1000 for your first bike?crazy.gifMy opinion get a 600 at most. Most people would recommend a 250-650v. Trust me a 600 is more than you need for the street. When do you need to go over 160mph? A 1000 is WAY to much for a beginner IMO. The 600 will handle a lot better in the turns. Your going to lay it down at least once. It happens to the best of us. There is three kinds of riders. Ones that when they crash they either, give up, get back on, or die.People don't understand how dangerous it is until you actually get out in traffic. I've had four friends get killed so it's not something to take lightly. Gear can save your life, and I'm not talking cheap gear. I have over 2,000 in gear. I have a guy that can give you at least 35% off everything though. If your interested PM me.

Are your friends in your death will?Why would they want you to get a 1000 for your first bike?crazy.gifMy opinion get a 600 at most. Most people would recommend a 250-650v. Trust me a 600 is more than you need for the street. When do you need to go over 160mph? A 1000 is WAY to much for a beginner IMO. The 600 will handle a lot better in the turns. Your going to lay it down at least once. It happens to the best of us. There is three kinds of riders. Ones that when they crash they either, give up, get back on, or die.People don't understand how dangerous it is until you actually get out in traffic. I've had four friends get killed so it's not something to take lightly. Gear can save your life, and I'm not talking cheap gear. I have over 2,000 in gear. I have a guy that can give you at least 35% off everything though. If your interested PM me.

Yea I'll let you know if I do get a bike. Thanks