Our New 4 Door

04CHASE

been shopping around for a new car for my fiance. I wanted something she was safe in , 4 doors with ample room and enjoyable to drive and most important something i dont have knowledge on enough to mod. so we narrowed it down to a bmw or mb. we needed at least a mid size for me since i feel awkward in small cars . so used m5's and e55 amg were in our price range and the m5 was manual so that was out of the question for her. i also like the interior and creature comforts the mb had, not to mention the 5.5 l supercharged motor with a 2.2 l blower . so we started looking at used e55 amg's . these things are very hard to find and i was so picky on miles and options , i wanted everything (most things are standard but there are some options ) . we wanted the a/c seats , pano roof, dynamic drive seats(responds to corner by stiffening lumbar and side supports in turns) , bi xenon active hid's, rear window shade and a few others , so finding all those and the color we wanted was impossible , we have looked for 3 months with nothing but black and silver. we were stuck on white or grey. We found one about a month ago close to our home in this grey blue metallic color and i said hell no on blue but after going to look at it , the blue isnt blue at all . it had some really nice staggered 20" replica e55 wheels on it but had some issues with the pano roof and passenger seat upon test drive . they told me they would take care of them so we got the car for a deal . qualified for only 3% interest and a low payment of just over 300 that she felt comfortable with . after about 3 weeks of waiting on parts and crap to completely fix the problems (the roof ended up needing all new frame and rails with the little parts , and the seat needed to be cut out and the entire frame replaced since it couldnt move to get to the mounting bolts. ended up costing the dealer around 6k or so to fix it all. so they probably lost on this car but the roof is perect and so is the seat. im happy for now.

the car is awesome , 8 piston front brakes stops stupid fast ,its air ride and has suspension adjustments on the fly , the 470 hp and 520 tq on the freeway is not good , the car is so smooth going 100 feels like 50 .

here are some pics

2011-09-13180200.jpg

2011-09-13180225.jpg

2011-09-13180148.jpg

2011-09-13180242.jpg

2011-09-18123024.jpg

2011-09-18122843.jpg

2011-09-18122908.jpg

im trying to fight the urge to mod but 11's are so easy with these , and a really good friend just got his 2010 cts-v and thinks he is invincable , the truck will have his ego crushed soon enough though.

Mercedes, the only car with dual hood latches. Or that's what's the salesman told us when we bought ours along with a bunch of other stuff(crap). But, that's a hell of a car, especially with sc and pano roof. peelout.gif

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

Mercedes, the only car with dual hood latches. Or that's what's the salesman told us when we bought ours along with a bunch of other stuff(crap). But, that's a hell of a car, especially with sc and pano roof. peelout.gif

my bmw has dual hood latches and its a 91

Hope it works out for ya, BMW and MB have had some pretty bad records lately, Cadillac is stealing all their clients out here in the Northeast. The BMWs are just junk, their always needing repairs and service, their quality has gone south quick. I know the owner of a dealership, and I will just say they are not driving new model BMWs, their sticking with the older models. While the Benz's are rust buckets waiting to happen. My friend didnt drive his in rain or snow and the moldings came off within 2 years so he just traded it for an Acura.

I hope none of this happens to your fiance and good luck with the car.

edit - any idea if the Benz was put together in Germany? Seems with the BMWs that the German built ones are ok, but the ones not shipped to NJ havent been doing so well.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but aren't the AMG's hand built in Germany? I thought I have read that they are, but I may be wrong.

That car is a nice @$$ ride! I want to see a vid of it doing a smokey down the track. Next to the SSS!

Congrats Chase :pepsicheer:

congrats chase !! i always liked the way bmw m series car look over the amg's but thats just my taste either way they are both sick cars. i dont think youll have a problem beating a newer cts v ive beat one in my truck from a dig pretty bad and from a 30 roll we were about the same till about 100 mph then he started walking me.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)