Legal Or Not Legal?

edgarss44

Laws vary by state, but not here in Georgia they can't. How much you roll your windows down is up to you and they can't ask you to do anything else unless they find drugs or some other probable cause. At that time they can search your vehicle, and (if they wanted to) roll up your windows and check them.

Yes ...

Basically, anything that is checked during a vehicle inspection, can be inspected roadside. This is due to Operation of a Motor Vehicle is considered a Privaledge and not a Right, in most All States ...

I garrantee that if you research Procedural law for your state on laws that govern motor vehicles, you'll find it.

in CA YES they can..if you have outer than factory tint on your front windows even if they are down you can be ticketed..it falls under a road side safety check. if they want they can check your tires for thread depth, all lights are working properly, and conform with D.O.T regulations, seat belts, and so on.. if they really want to legally bust your chops, they can make you pop your hood and do a emissions visual test right there. basically they can do what ever they like as long as it comply s with CA. motor vehicle codes.. you argue with them, then it gives them grounds to impound your vehicle for inspection because you "MAY" be hiding something..

it sucks but that's CA law

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/vc.htm

Yup the chp doesn't mess around. They had my hood popped ran all my vins even gave me a ticket for being too low. I was like wtf and they didn't give a shit they just gave me my tickets and left. That was about 2 years ago when I had my Honda. Got the too low ticket singed off then went home and lowered it even more. Clean lil work car.