My New Dd. Don'T Hate On The Acura.

shawnss

Well i sold my older Gsr integra and turned around a got another acura integra gsr. dont hate to bad. i already have 2 GM truck so i felt a 3rd truck wouldn't be to practical. so i had to pick up a 4 banger for good gas milage. i looked for a few weeks and came across this on craigslist. i fill i got it for a decent price. it needs a lot of TLC but its a straight body car and thats what is important to me. the body has 165k on it but the motor has 60k on it. its also been turbocharged and a ton of other little mods. it has $1600 worth of suspension on it tein SS coilover's with skunk 2 camber kit. the guy gave me all the receipts and they total over $9k. the car stock books for $5500. i picked it up for $4k. car pulls stupid hard. it put down 275whp and 210lbs of torque. heres a few pics i haven't had a chance to do the full adams polish detail. but i cleaned it up a bit and its a clean car. leather cleaned up real nice. needs some paint correction pretty bad.

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

needs cleaned up under the hood pretty bad. but thats the fun for me. its easy stuff just needs a good detail and wires cleaned up.

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Hell Yeah,thumb.gif

I'm still a ricer at heart. Still can't part with my civic.

Those look so good with the ITR front end.What turbo does it have?

im not sure on the specs of the turbo just picked the car up last night late. haven't had a chance to look it all over. ill be changing stuff and making it my own. but only after finishing the build for the SS. Speed factory put the car together a few years back. i really want to do the ITR front clip. been looking at that. but its hard to drop $3k on a front end and still have to paint it. the wife gets on me cause everything i buy i have to mod. ill see if i end up with a ITR clip. im just going to enjoy the car until i get my truck finished up.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

im not sure on the specs of the turbo just picked the car up last night late. haven't had a chance to look it all over. ill be changing stuff and making it my own. but only after finishing the build for the SS. Speed factory put the car together a few years back. i really want to do the ITR front clip. been looking at that. but its hard to drop $3k on a front end and still have to paint it. the wife gets on me cause everything i buy i have to mod. ill see if i end up with a ITR clip. im just going to enjoy the car until i get my truck finished up.

I agree about the price. They look so nice, though. I know some pop up on the ricer sites for cheaper, but problem is, every guy is waiting for one to pop up.

Nothing like the pull of a FWD car with boost. Got to hold on or you'll end up in the ditch. The power potential for these motors is ridiculous. My friend built a d16y8 and got 350 to the wheels. Then he sold it to another friend of ours, and he rebuilt the internals, and swapped turbos, and got over 500. He would eat 600cc's all day from a roll. That's just with a SOHC.The feeling when boost kicked was like nothing I had,or have ever been in.

Hondas are good for dd's the only problem is the cops are always on you. Well atleast here in Cali. That's why I sold my 92 hatch. Got pulled over had all my doors open and my hood running all my vins. Have fun with that gsr there nice cars. I had the gsr leathers in my hatch. An itr frontend would be sick I love the black housing headlights.

Edited by Ruben525 (see edit history)

Oh man... the flash back to high school. My buddy had the same car and it was cursed! He bought it, got hit, got a ton of money from insurance, fixed it and did stupid amounts of work with the insurance money. Then about a month later a girl (friend of ours) was trying to parallel park behind it... got nervous about hitting the newly painted Integra so she had her boyfriend get out to "guide" her so she didn't tap the car. Well, she got the brake and gas confused, hit the skinny pedal and rear ended the Integra... with her boyfriend between the two vehicles and I believe he is still paralyzed from it (not the kid who owned the Integra). Once again, my buddy got a ton of insurance money, bought the car from insurance company for dirt cheap, repaired it, did even more stupid amounts of work to the car, turbo'd it, ect. He then took the car up to Maine for a weekend, moose ran out in front of it, flipped it and this time the car was beyond repair. Like I said, it was cursed! Hopefully it was just his car and not a red Integra thing!

great story........

Nice DD man..... I want a Scion to beat on lol

I agree about the price. They look so nice, though. I know some pop up on the ricer sites for cheaper, but problem is, every guy is waiting for one to pop up.

Nothing like the pull of a FWD car with boost. Got to hold on or you'll end up in the ditch. The power potential for these motors is ridiculous. My friend built a d16y8 and got 350 to the wheels. Then he sold it to another friend of ours, and he rebuilt the internals, and swapped turbos, and got over 500. He would eat 600cc's all day from a roll. That's just with a SOHC.The feeling when boost kicked was like nothing I had,or have ever been in.

yeah its a blast for only 9psi. im quite surprised on how hard it pulls for a 4 banger with low boost. i dont have any big plans for it i just want to have a fun dd and keep it simple. i really just want to clean it up and have a clean DD.