Need Color Opinions

BlueAKSSS

Color Opinions  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What color should I paint my 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2 Door Sedan?

• Original Color, original is best!
    • Reddish Color of some kind
    • Blue/Silver, from top of door skin up silver and the rest of the body blue
    • Red
    • X--- Black is not an option.

Need your guys input on this I'm being indecisive about picking out a color for my Bel Air project. Here is the car before I started tearing it down:

It has been repainted an ugly gold, the VIN/Body Tag color that is under the gold is Colonial Cream with India Ivory Top. The interior will be restored to the original Black and Silver.

2011-07-21134541.jpg The suspension will be changed and the car will sit lower and level with the current TT II wheels with larger front tires as the ones pictured are tiny.

Keep in mind I want the stock color or something not stock because most of the other factory 1957 colors suck IMO.

Option #1 (FACTORY COLOR)

This is what the car would look like in its factory paint color Colonial Cream lower and the top in India Ivory. This is one option to keep the car looking original but with a hint of hot rod.

57_yellow2772.jpg

Option #2

Not sure how I feel about this one, I don't just want your everyday "Red" and I found this on ebay, maybe you guys know a better color thats not red but close. Kind of like Aztec bronze.

Reddishcolor.jpg

Option #3 (I like this one)

Next option I think might look really good as I've seen some at car shows painted like this is a Dark Blue color (similar to Arrival Blue) on the bottom area and the roof and pillar in a dark silver metallic. Looks very sharp in my mind but I can't find any pictures of a 57' with this paint job. Chevy_anim.gif

DSC_0511Medium.jpg

DSC_0589Medium.jpg

Option #4

Not sure if I want to paint it red or not but I can't help but include this picture as well:

XA_800.jpg

I can't find anymore pictures of cool colors at the moment to post so I'm open to new ideas thow them out there.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Factory that's a nice combo.

I also saw a mid fifties caddy rocking Burgundy and cream and it looked good.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

burgundy and cream would look classy. love that combo

I favor the "Colonial Cream lower and the top in India Ivory". It looks so much more 1950's than the other colors, so I think it keeps the classic look of the car. Other accessories can modernize the car, but I think that color combination really fits the "personality" of the car. Whatever you decide, the '57 is a true classic! :chevy:

I vote option 4 or 1.

Bright red (maybe Viper red or Victory red :chevrolet: ) looks great on the 57's in a resto-mod or pro touring configuration. I am a tri-five fanatic.

My second option is the colonial cream. I have to say, if you keep it close to original stance and keeping the original vibe.

Just for the record, I envy your dilemna! :D Good luck with your choice and post lots of pics!

Thanks guys for the input! Looks like the blue is winning, but I found one problem with it. I already have a Blue SS so yeah.... I asked this question on my FB and everyone liked the reddish colored one and I tend to agree. So its sort of a toss up of the red and the blue. Then again the blue would be different from my SS because it would be two tone and a different color most likely. I'll figure it out I guess...

I favor the "Colonial Cream lower and the top in India Ivory". It looks so much more 1950's than the other colors, so I think it keeps the classic look of the car. Other accessories can modernize the car, but I think that color combination really fits the "personality" of the car. Whatever you decide, the '57 is a true classic! :chevy:

:withstupid:

the outer colors look good, but they have been over done. i think the original color would stick out more due to it being different than the rest..good luck on what you decide..