Finally Put My 408 In

Well last weekend i went ahead and assembled my engine and installed it. RPM crank and rods, Mahle pistons, Melling high volume pump and TFS Cam Cam link Its the cam I had in my LS1 that was in my truck while this engine was in the machine shop. The heads are my stock 317's. Everything else was already on the truck, exhaust, cold air and 80mm TB. The truck runs great and has alot of torque, still needs tuning.

Have a pic of the engine block. I have more and some of the engine assemble but my Blackberry torch is F-ing up :banghead: if I send a picture when it lets me the receiver get it upside down :confused: it doing a bunch of other weird crap to and this is the repalcement phone :icon_bs:

Anyways real happy with how ot runs, it feels like it runs the same as it did when I would hit the bottle if not better and that was a 150shot and ran mis to upper 12's :fingersx:

post-6049-014583900 1318381008_thumb.jpg

me want me want me want me want me want me want - darn the keyboard stuck! LOL. Good Job. I found a LQ9 with tranny and pcm from an 03 with 80k on it for 1300$ CDN $. I am thinking about picking it all up and playing around over the winter.

rgds,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...