Color Matched Tail Lights On A Ss.

so my buddy built his own paint booth and has been painting cars and other odd stuff just for fun on the side. so the other day he was at my placed and asked if i had some tail lights he could play around with. so i gave him my stock tails off the SS. he was thinking about doing smoked/ candying them. but he ended up color matching them to my truck. he had to go over the tails 6 times to make them translucent. its hard to see from this pic but you can see through these and a tail light bulb does shine through these. i have aftermarket led tails right now but i might throw these on just to see how they look. so does anybody have any tails that are color matched in arrival blue? if so you should post up some pictures just so i can see what they look like. he just did these for fun. it wasn't like i was looking to change up the truck. so if i don't like them no big deal. i had left over paint from another project so no money out of pocket either.

PA120050.jpg

PA120053.jpg

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah im not sure. like i said i wouldn't be sticking these on and driving around. only time i could ever see using them might be at a car show. another thing is i dont drive my truck alot. i only put 500 miles on my truck this year. he did these out of fun just to try something different

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

well if you end up not liking them you could sell em to me haha. theyd look cool on a black truck haha. i think there sexy and would look awesome when you get your bser on also. do your third brake light to

You could def sell them, people would probably pay pretty well for those bad boys thumbsup.gif

You could def sell them, people would probably pay pretty well for those bad boys thumbsup.gif

yeah i might have him start smoking some lens. but by him smoking them they would last. some guys do the smoked tails with the spray paint can which is great but the crappy part is over time that spray paint lens paint wears off over time with in a year or two. with him doing it this way they would stay smoked for years to come.

Guest JasonHensley22

yeah i might have him start smoking some lens. but by him smoking them they would last. some guys do the smoked tails with the spray paint can which is great but the crappy part is over time that spray paint lens paint wears off over time with in a year or two. with him doing it this way they would stay smoked for years to come.

Exactly, people know quality and that is def some good quality paint and a good job done.