Thinking Of Buying Another Ss

I had a black 03 SS that I sold in 2009 and almost instantly regretted it but times were tough and I needed something cheaper. I was looking on craigslist the other day and happened to find my old truck for sale and that got me looking at SS's again. My old truck has about 115k miles on it now, it had 76k on it 2 years ago when I sold it and I'm pretty sure the kid I sold it to dogged it out, so I've talked myself out of buying it back and he's asking way too much for it. I did however find another SS locally with some tasteful mods that looks like a really good deal.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2621365083.html

It has 98k miles on it, the OEM look 22" wheels with new tires, and a bed cover. The only issue is a tree limb fell on the back of the bed and it has a dent right before the taillight on the drivers side. I'm thinking of offering $10-11k for it pending looking at it to see if anything else is wrong with it.

Thoughts or opinions?

Thanks,

Stephen

post-8588-068234500 1318514575_thumb.jpg

post-8588-017993100 1318514589_thumb.jpg

post-8588-071532900 1318514600_thumb.jpg

post-8588-076964700 1318514623_thumb.jpg

I think it would be cool to buy your old truck back...

I've seriously thought about it, here's the ad for it, it just has higher miles than this other one and I hate that he painted the wheels, I've always wanted a set of the 22" OEM looking wheels in Chrome.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2617419290.html

I'd say get whichever one you want! Your right though the one with the chrome stock 22's looks a lot better IMO. Just offer less on the one with 22's and get the dent fixed and it would be nice or get your old truck back and get the wheels you like on it. pepsicheer.gif

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Buy yours back, put the wheels you like on it, fix whatever other issues it has on it and then keep that truck forever. That's what I'm doing with mine! If the motor blows, I'll rebuild it bigger, better and badder... same with the transmission or anything else for that matter. I do agree that the price is high however, I paid just under $15k for mine, OTD at the dealer and it only had 60k on it. Also, please educate the seller, 03 was NOT the only year with AWD...

If you used to own the truck, I'm sure you know every flaw it had when you sold it and will be able to find more new ones (heck, with 115k miles, it isn't going to be perfect). Use all that to talk him down to a reasonable price then give the truck the TLC it deserves... then never get rid of it... again. LOL

Also, if you used to be the owner, you know what kind of care the truck was given and how it was taken care of before you sold it to him. You don't know how the previous owner(s) took care the other truck.

Edited by 90zxdriver (see edit history)

Buy yours back, put the wheels you like on it, fix whatever other issues it has on it and then keep that truck forever. That's what I'm doing with mine! If the motor blows, I'll rebuild it bigger, better and badder... same with the transmission or anything else for that matter. I do agree that the price is high however, I paid just under $15k for mine, OTD at the dealer and it only had 60k on it. Also, please educate the seller, 03 was NOT the only year with AWD...

If you used to own the truck, I'm sure you know every flaw it had when you sold it and will be able to find more new ones (heck, with 115k miles, it isn't going to be perfect). Use all that to talk him down to a reasonable price then give the truck the TLC it deserves... then never get rid of it... again. LOL

Also, if you used to be the owner, you know what kind of care the truck was given and how it was taken care of before you sold it to him. You don't know how the previous owner(s) took care the other truck.

You have excellent points that I've also already thought about. This guy is a mechanic so I'm pretty sure it was well maintained but probably raced a good bit.... I did kinda giggle when i read his post about it being the only year they made the SS in AWD.

Guest JasonHensley22

Just remember that when I come knocking on your door... :crackup:

Haha, well Lefty if it's for sale you'll be the first to know...

...but don't count on it lol.