Problems With My New Car!

DPurcell

First of all I traded my 2006 silverado ss for an 06 gto. I joined ls1gto.com forum and had this posted for 12 days and didn't even get one reply. So I posted that their forum is not nearly as good as this one. Lol sure they won't be happy but o well.

The oil pressure gauge is an aftermarket kit for the gto since it doesn't come with an oil gauge. It read perfectly for almost a week and then started moving back and forth from 20psi to 40psi quite regularly. Took it back to the dealer and checked pressure with mechanical gauge and pressure is fine. They changed out the sending unit and it's still doing it. I am thinking it's a conection problem or the gauge is crapping out. What do yall think?

Thanks to all that reply

First of all I traded my 2006 silverado ss for an 06 gto. I joined ls1gto.com forum and had this posted for 12 days and didn't even get one reply. So I posted that their forum is not nearly as good as this one. Lol sure they won't be happy but o well.

The oil pressure gauge is an aftermarket kit for the gto since it doesn't come with an oil gauge. It read perfectly for almost a week and then started moving back and forth from 20psi to 40psi quite regularly. Took it back to the dealer and checked pressure with mechanical gauge and pressure is fine. They changed out the sending unit and it's still doing it. I am thinking it's a conection problem or the gauge is crapping out. What do yall think?

Thanks to all that reply

to me sounds like the gauge is tosse. if you have already replaced the sending unit. glad you went ahead and had it checked with a mechanical gauge. id start off with trying a new gauge unit it self. what brand of gauge are you running if you dont mind sharing?

I truely don't know. It was in the car when I got it. It's a kit that matches the stock gauges very well. Color of every part of the gauge looks like stock and even has gto on the gauge like stock but other than that I really can't give u any more info

From what I understand from reading on the gto forum these gauges read off the pcm and it seems most people complain about them being really laggy. So I'd get a tuner or some instrument that can read sensor data off the pcm and verify that the pcm keeps reporting the right psi. And in that case replace the gauge.