Smartphones, I Phone Or Droid

MARTYW

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody that I have known that went I phone had problems with them and regreted switching from the DROID.... I got a droid x and haven't had a problem since I got it at the beginning of this year. And I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon, just love the phone too much. Also im on the Verizon network.

:squintnoeswerdrun: :squintnoeswerdrun: :squintnoeswerdrun: :squintnoeswerdrun: . my post would sound just like this also^^^^

I go through a lot of phones since people tend to trade them in at my store, I can find features in both the iPhones and Android phones. Androids tend to be a bit more customizable, and iPhones are generally a bit more reliable. I have a Galaxy S still since my contract isn't up but it would be a tossup between a Galaxy S2 or a 4S.

i rock a droid. i really like it. within a month or so we will be upgrading our phone's. im sticking with the droid probably. but the wife might be going with the Iphone. i've never really had a problem with my droid other than battery life. to me thats really the only down fall.

I think service providers are to blame most of the time when a phone turns out to be nothing more than a turd. I have tried many phones, but iphone is hands down the winner for all around functionality for me. With that said, when i had iphone with AT&T, it was very fast but shit service and no 3G at the time for over a year of empty promises. When i switched to Verizon because they finally took on the iphone, i've had a few service glitches and slower speeds but great reception. BUT, here's why i really like IPHONE.... had a back yard party and the phone ended up in the lawn somewhere in the middle of the night. Finally found it around 10 am the next day after the irrigation spent 15 minutes trying to make the iphone grow roots. Never had a single issue with it for over a year after that. Will a Droid handle that...?

I think service providers are to blame most of the time when a phone turns out to be nothing more than a turd. I have tried many phones, but iphone is hands down the winner for all around functionality for me. With that said, when i had iphone with AT&T, it was very fast but shit service and no 3G at the time for over a year of empty promises. When i switched to Verizon because they finally took on the iphone, i've had a few service glitches and slower speeds but great reception. BUT, here's why i really like IPHONE.... had a back yard party and the phone ended up in the lawn somewhere in the middle of the night. Finally found it around 10 am the next day after the irrigation spent 15 minutes trying to make the iphone grow roots. Never had a single issue with it for over a year after that. Will a Droid handle that...?

like i said i take care of my stuff and it wouldn't of been in the LAWN, getting WATERED, to GROW ROOTS, the droids dont require water to be rooted .... LMAO !!! crackup.gif just messing with you biggrinjester.gif

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Iphone vs. Droid is like compairing Chevy vs. Ford or Chevy vs. Dodge ...

They all have their quirks, they all crash and reboot, some phones run better then others. It mostly comes down to what you like ... and what you were broght up on.

That being said ... I am on my third Droid phone. I have had the original Droid, HTC Incredible, and now the HTC Incredible 2.

I personally love my Android phones ... I am just not a huge fan of how Apple is so proprietary on their apps and such.

Doesn't really matter what you get for a smartphone ... They all work great, they all do some really cool things ... and it is a far cry from your Jitterbug!!!! ... :thumbs:

not really like chevy vs ford but more exactly like a mac vs a pc, imo apple is a very user friendly , easy to use platform with less customizability, more simple minded . where as the android phones are more similar to a pc with ways to setup everything , apps etc. imo. i am still a bit to lazy to transfer all my mp3's to it though . i dont like that its hdmi output is the same as the charge port , i need to see if they make something that can utilize charging while outputing video for the out of town nights i want to hook up to a tv and watch some movies.

after a few days with the new glaxy s 2 , im in love , the dual core 1.5ghz really is awesome , netflix is awesome i just cant say enough good things , just need my case and films to hurry up and get here , i was at the improv last night to see joe rogan and saw a kiosk , they wanted 15 bucks for a dam film , i got 6 on ebay for under 5 , wtf. im scared to take the phone out of my car in fear of dropping it though . the rubber case has saved my vibrant hundreds of times .

i have had my iphone4 for over a year not real problems with it just ordered the 4s today. my gf on the other hand has had the 4 the same amount of time as me and the power button and home button fail to work all the time. personally i think its cause she doesnt take care of it that much. but also it was over a year before it had any issues. i feel nowadays if any piece of technology especially a cell phone last over a year with out malfunction thats pretty ok.

my only complaint is being on att and that the network isnt the greatest.