Need Help Selling Truck

SS Raven

Hey guys, looking to sell my '05 SS AWD w/ 62000 miles. I think it has about every option offered. Took it to CarMax this past weekend and was offered $16000 for it as is. The hood needs to be replaced (pallet fell on it at my last job before the co. went out of business :nonod: ) It's black and has a few door dings and scuffs on the front and rear bumpers. The brakes and tires need to be replaced soon and it needs an alignment. I could easily spend over $1000 for the new hood, brakes, and alignment not counting the cost of new tires and paint work. Just wondering if you guys think I should just sell it to CarMax or put a little money into it and try to sell it private party. I only owe $8000 so I would walk away from CarMax with $8000 in my pocket, just not sure if I'd be wise to try and sell it private party first or would I even be able to make more if I did? I'm located on the CA central coast. Any opinions are appreciated

$16K from CarMax?! Take it and run man, that's cashier's check too, sold some vehicles to them before. It's like a 30 min. process and you're out.... If you list it you're gonna have lots of b.s. calls, telemarketers calling, test drives, texting, waiting for people to show up, etc. then to get low-balled by someone who doesn't even have the actual $$ and end up at a bank somewhere with buyer trying to get loan. Been there done that. CarMax ftw lmao

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Yea I think I'm leaning toward CarMax. I was a little discouraged at first since kbb says "trade-in" value is like $19,600 in "good" condition, not excellent. But that figure seems high to me for trade-in. Kbb claims private party in my current condition is $23,990 which, again, seems kinda high. According to Edmunds.com I think trade-in was closer to $13,000. I guess $16,000 would be a good compromise :pepsicheer:

I'd take it! Its awful hard to sell anything these days and it is a pain in the a$ sometimes dealing with tire kickers!!!!

iamwithstupid.gif There are a lot of SSS out there and are not selling quickly . i have mine for sale and had 1 test drive several emails and most trying to low ball me....

If your really wanting to get out of it id take the 16K and run. thats a fair price. i dont think by you fixing all the stuff will get you much more. what it retails for around 17k in good shape. if you put money into it. you would need to sell i for 17k+ just to break even. heck i just booked mine and it retailed for $17500 and it had less miles than yours. good luck.

Guest JasonHensley22

I say bring it up to Alaska and sell it, these things don't last on Craigslist for more than a couple of days, if that even! But for where you are, I would agree with these guys and say Carmax, i've heard nothing but good things from those guys and like everyone said, trying to sell something semi-decent is a pain now-a-days.

I totally agree with BadAssSilvy.

You will want to commit suicide after the hassle of selling it. Everyone will want it. No one will have the cash for it.Even if you list, needs brakes. EVERY person will mention, it says it needs brakes in the add, does it need brakes? How about you drop 1,000 for the brakes.Here is a small scratch in paint, will you drop another 1,00 off price.

Been there many of times.

I say bring it up to Alaska and sell it, these things don't last on Craigslist for more than a couple of days, if that even! But for where you are, I would agree with these guys and say Carmax, i've heard nothing but good things from those guys and like everyone said, trying to sell something semi-decent is a pain now-a-days.

Haha definitely true! I even have experience with this!

Don't I know it... :crackup:

For the condition you described...go on take the money and run!!!