PCMForLess

I almost want to take a picture of my ugly mug to show the big smile I have. My son ("the boy") summed it up in one word, "Whoa" but what he meant was "Holy crap is this thing fast".

Delivery quick, installation easy and Bryan made me feel like I mattered. Big Thumbs Up! :thumbs:

That's the short version so if you have a limited attention span stop here but I'm so happy I have to go on.

Sure, I bought my SS because it looked cool and I'd never seen one before but I'd driven a half dozen before I bought it but after 500 miles mine just seemed lame. Some of it turned out to be bad gas (I'll be posting elsewhere about that) but I decided to pop for the $300 or so it was going to take to get the PCMForLess modifications.

I found the project a bit daunting (no installation instructions) as I didn't even have an idea what the computer looked like or where it was located but once I received my unit I figured they couldn't hide something that big too many places. Taking the old unit was straightforward and easy and putting the new one in even easier. I was lucky in that I didn't even have to go through the relearn process.

I took it for a quick spin but it was raining and so it was short but when I got back the wife told me "the boy" needed to get picked up. I told him I put it in as we approached the on ramp and when we got there I punched it. All he said was "whoa". I was up to 80 before I knew it and as it was still a bit wet I backed off.

I've gone nuts (at least for me) putting crap on this truck but this is the best money spent so far, by far.

Once again: Fast Delivery, Great Service and Superior Results!

Thanks Bryan!

That's the first performance modification. I'm thinking of exhaust work but only for the look of dual exhausts and a little more sound.

I got the truck on 7/22/04 and as far as the outside goes I've put in a Penda Non-skid bedliner, Access tonneau cover, Luverne nerf bars, Putco bed rails, a Shopman bowtie (with black inlay) and day before yesterday I mounted my new Goodyear Fortura 285/50/20 tires on Boss 301 wheels.

Now that the wheels are on I'm going to clean it up and take some pictures to post.

rdss Posted on Aug 11 2004, 04:43 PM

You are so lucky, the relearn process SUCKS!!! What other modes do you have? 

Yeah. I had to do the relearn process too and on the 3rd cycle I inadvertently turned the key off. Fortunately, it was enough to relearn it, so I did not have to start over again and waste another 1/2 hour.

Rick R

I have also had a great experience with PCM install went good and truck run great no problems at all. I ahve even email them about new mods and got very quick response. Excellent customer service AAAAAAAAAAA+++++++ :thumbs:

Archived