Saw Pontiac G8 St Today

SethSS

i had never herd about it, or anything until i was driving with my boss and someone in an ST passed us and we both had this puzzled "wtf was that expression"

maroon, looked like it had a matching tonneau cover wish i got a pic.

Also a C&P from Wiki.

G8 ST

In addition to the sedan, a two-seat coupé utility called the G8 ST was shown at the New York International Auto Show in March 2008. Based on the Holden Ute, it was built on the same G8 platform with a 73-inch (1,900 mm) cargo bed. The Sport Truck had the same 361 hp (269 kW), 6.0-liter V8 used in the G8 GT, as well as the 3.6-liter, 256 hp (191 kW) direct-injection V6. After a naming contest with more than 18,000 suggestions, the name remained the G8 ST.[20]

The G8 ST, slated for release as a 2010 model, was to be Pontiac's first pickup truck, and GM's first coupe utility in the United States since the Chevrolet El Camino was discontinued in 1987. In January 2009, GM announced to Pontiac dealers that the G8 ST was cancelled due to budget cuts and restructuring.[21]

When I had my Solstice I was pretty up on Pontiac and Holden. I remember hearing about these in 2009 and was glad they decided not to produce them. From a performance stand point, I think they would have been fun to mod the Sh!t out of...uglier than homemade sin though.