Help Me Love My Ss Again!

diggerdan11

Well the first thing i'd say to do is mod it and that will make you fall in love all over again. but like you said money is going to be tight here real soon after the wife starts school. but let me tell you. you putting your wife's schooling first is the right thing to do. that's a great thing that you are doing. trust me its hard to do that. my wife just finished school this past Aug. she had been going for the past 6 years. yeah i had to hold off on doing a lot of stuff to the truck why she was in school. it sucked but now its well worth it. so if you really have a spot in your heart for your truck i'd keep it as long as the money will allow you to. i mean if its really going to break the bank then the right thing to do would be to sell it and get something you don't have to dump money into. but if you can afford it you should keep it and buy some sort of a DD. i personally have 2 DD's and it works well for me. my summer good gas milage DD is my 98 acura integra and the winter beater is a 92 gmc sierra Z71. works great for taking off road and hauling around things i need it to. not sure how far you travel everyday for work? best of luck to you. i couldn't ever sell my truck. but to even think of selling it makes me sick. when my wife was in school we had tough times at point's. so at one point i had 3 job's just to make ends meet. so best of luck to you. but the wait will be worth it. in the end. there is light at the end.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Well I'm with the other guys here who say keep the SS and buy you a cheap beater for around town driving and hunting. Over time things will work itself out. If you buy a beater you can keep the miles off the SS and fix the issues that need fixing as funds permit. I have thought about selling mine a lot lately, especially to save on the payment and the gas mileage. But every time I hit the freeway at WOT and hear that wonderful exhaust note.....I come back to my senses. If you sell your SS you MIGHT get a car without having to put a downpayment on it that gets great gas mileage. But you definitely won't get a car that looks as good as the SS with the versatility and that has the safety of having a full size truck. If you get the Z71, you're basically in the same boat that you are in now. And I'm sure that the SS with hold its value much longer that the Z. Just my .02....Good luck with you decision, I know it's a tough one. At the end of the day, make the decision that is best for you and your family, you will never be wrong for that, and who knows, you may fall in line to get another SS one day :cheers:

Keep it and I only say that because I still get mad at myself for selling my 02 Camaro SS SLP. At the time it seemed like the most sensable thing to do. Now looking back I hate it.

I almost sold mine a while back and I am so glad I didn't sell the SSS I plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off lol

G/L brother its a hard decision

Take a walk out to your driveway and look at the SS, think of how it made you feel when you bought it........then try picturing that spot empty and the SS gone from your life for good......how would you feel? Relieved? Happy? Or upset? Regretful? I know in my case my SS has been such a big part of my life, it means the world to me(don't tell my GF :uhoh: ) and I will not even entertain the thought of selling her. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I bought a 2007 GMC sierra SLT CC about 2 months ago. It makes less than 1mpg better than my SS and not near the power. Yes it rides like a dream, very quiet in the cab, lots of room, no rattles or wind noise and what not. But when I drive around in my new truck, I see black GMC/Chev CC's all over the place. I'm no longer different than everyone else. Atleast riding around in my blue SS I was different, I liked it that way. I still have the SS, waiting on a guy to get approved at the bank then it will be gone. I was going to part it out if it don't sell, but I dunno, I know I will miss it badly when/if its gone.