New From Wisconsin

treepete

Hi, I joined this forum to read and research purchasing my first Silverado SS.

Not sure If I want the AWD or 2WD version. Or If I can even find one available for purchase.

But here I am, anyway. Cant wait to start reading up on things.

Pete

Welcome to the site! I'm from Whitewater and if you still haven't decided AWD or 2WD think back to that blizzard we had not to long ago... I was one of the few out romping my way to work NOT getting stuck or buried between Kenosha and Chicago that morning. You'd be a fool to buy 2WD if you planned on driving it in the winter.

AWD ALL THE WAY :pepsicheer::chevrolet::pepsicheer::driving::cheers::chevrolet::cheers:

post-18170-092102400 1319504998_thumb.jpg

post-18170-041036000 1319505101_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I have been leaning towards the AWD, if I can get it lowered just a bit without losing that functionality, that's what I will be shooting for.

I live in Waukesha County, and have been using my 99 Denali as my daily for about 10 years now. Its great and everything, I modded it all out and such, now just looking for something new I guess.

But man, these trucks are hard to find, no one locally has any for sale, so I'm just keeping my eyes peeled.

Thanks again for the welcome, it's nice to be here.

Pete

Welcome to the site! I'm from Whitewater and if you still haven't decided AWD or 2WD think back to that blizzard we had not to long ago... I was one of the few out romping my way to work NOT getting stuck or buried between Kenosha and Chicago that morning. You'd be a fool to buy 2WD if you planned on driving it in the winter.

AWD ALL THE WAY :pepsicheer::chevrolet::pepsicheer::driving::cheers::chevrolet::cheers:

post-18170-092102400 1319504998_thumb.jpg

Welcome and G/L with the decision its a tough one.

I have a 2wd SSS and have driven through snow, ice ect... I have had my truck every where my buddy has had his awd yes the awd is better in the snow/ice but as long as you dont drive like a tard you will be fine. I drove from Tacoma, WA to Nashville, TN and WA, OR, ID,were all snowed in and I even drove through the high mountain passes with my 2wd SSS and it never gave me a problem. Its all about what you want personally.

I like drag racing and like taking my truck to the track but I am not going to set my truck up for it and thats not all I care about. If I turn my traction control off I can burn out for a long time. AWD has its advantages but my opinion I have more fun with my 2wd plus I dont have to worry about a transfer case or front diffs going out on me again welcome to the site.

Justin