Build Info

Sham3R

I'm working on my 03 Silverado SS and Im planning on doing all this but I need a little help with deciding on the parts. This is the what I wanna do

Big throttle body 

Fuel rail

Injectors 

Air cleaner

Exhaust straight 

Hooker headers long

Programmer chip

Throttle body spacing

Shift kit

Any suggestions on what parts I should get?

I'm working on my 03 Silverado SS and Im planning on doing all this but I need a little help with deciding on the parts. This is the what I wanna do

Big throttle body

Fuel rail

Injectors

Air cleaner

Exhaust straight

Hooker headers long

Programmer chip

Throttle body spacing

Shift kit

Any suggestions on what parts I should get?

here's what i would do:

Corsa Sport or Billy Boat exhaust

K & N or Volant intake

OBX, dynatech, american racing, or pacesetter long tube headers

Trans-Go HD2 shift kit and vette servos

160 degree thermostat

Wheatley, Blackbear, or zippy tune

Do yourself a favor and ditch any thoughts of programmers or throttle body spaces. If you wanna get into even more after the above list, a cam, torque converter, injectors, ect. would be next.

Well First off: No Programmer Chip :nono::nono: You need to get a custom tune for your PCM. Try Wheatly, Black Bear, or Zippy. I million Times better than a handheld programer.

There is tons of information on this site about this very topic. The search button is a great tool.

Im sure some more members will chime in

here's what i would do:

Corsa Sport or Billy Boat exhaust

K & N or Volant intake

OBX, dynatech, american racing, or pacesetter long tube headers

Trans-Go HD2 shift kit and vette servos

160 degree thermostat

Wheatley, Blackbear, or zippy tune

Do yourself a favor and ditch any thoughts of programmers or throttle body spaces. If you wanna get into even more after the above list, a cam, torque converter, injectors, ect. would be next.

iamwithstupid.gif Stay away from those TB spacers and programmers or you will be castrated. Here are my thoughts:

-Corsa Sport or Touring exhaust (Sport is louder than Touring)

-Volant CAI (K&N are okay, and I run a General Motors Performance intake which I love)

-ARH LT headers with or without hi-flow cats, you're choice based on emissions (ARH is the only headers I know of with 3" collectors to match your Corsa, also 3")

-Trans-Go HD2 Shift kit, vette servos

-SLP 160 degree thermostat

-Wheatley, Blackbear, or Zippy tune

Sorry I'm still kinda green when it comes to tuning and working on anything other than my 72" C10 lol all this electrical and extra stuff but thank you for the advice. What I'm trying to do is more HP, Torque and that Roar of the engine because I'm used to the straight pipe sound of my 72 and man did she rumble

Your list:

Big throttle body: find an intake from an 07' up 4.8L or 5.3L and throttle body from a 5.3L. This will be a good gain with the 90mm throttle body and much improved intake manifold.

Fuel rail: Upgrade your rails when you do the new intake manifold. If you want them pretty, buy a set of Mast Motorsports black rails and modify them to work on your new intake manifold. You'll want to use an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator also which is great, but make sure you adjust it properly as well as make sure you use the vacuum reference.

Injectors: Not really needed unless you really up the power. If you plan to do a cam or blower down the road it is a good idea to swap them when you do the intake manifold. Try to size your injectors to what you're doing with a realistic goal. For help in picking them, post up your other plans or goals. If you don't plan any big power, stay stock or close to stock on injectors.

Air cleaner: I'd recomend a simple K&N CAI or GM Performance Parts system.

Exhaust straight: I'd recomend a Corsa Touring system. Whether you buy one used or new they are the best quality you can buy. Don't buy a sport system if you are going to be doing headers though as it will be too loud. The touring is just right with headers.

Hooker headers long: I'd recomend Pacesetter headers if you are looking for a reasonable price set (make sure they are coated). If you want the most power out of your setup and have a bit more funds available, go for the American Racing 1 7/8" headers. They are the baddest, best flowing, best quality headers made for these trucks.

Programmer chip: Just a chip that programs?

Throttle body spacing: No, no, no, no, no, no, no...

Shift kit: Very good idea. There are a couple of good choices. Check around to see what guys are running and ask how they like what they have.