Oil Filter

jwest1975

• Admin

You can take this with a grain of salt, but i use Moble One filters on my corvette. Yes, they are more expensive, but i've read a ton of good reviews on them.

You might want to consider switching to Moble One oil after a couple thousand miles. :)

You might want to consider switching to Moble One oil after a couple thousand miles. :)

I picked up a case of Mobile 1 Supersyn 5W-30 tonight and was planning on the oil change tomorrow! I have about 1250 miles on her now and I figure the time is about right to do it! :cool:

Justin :chevy:

Hi

I use K&N air and oil filters on my 02 Monte Carlo Pace Car .They seem to work well and thay have some kind of a check valve built into them that is supposed to stop the oil from draining back to the oil pan when the engine is off.This is supposed to prevent dry starts.I use Mobil 1 Synthetic oil.It makes for expensive oil changes with this combination but if you're planning on keeping the vehicle a long time it should make a difference.

K&N Filters

K&N oil filters for me. I like the 1 inch nut on the bottom to remove them with ease. Mobil 1 is my choice of oil. I believe the K&N # is 2006 for the oil filter. Have also read great responses to the testing of Red Line oil and Ams Oil. Anyway go synthetic throughout the truck...engine, trans, rear....and pick up a few lost horsepower!

Have also used the Purolator Pure-one filter....hey if your truck is blue it will match it nicely :thumbs: ...not that anyone will notice!

From what I understand, on Mobil 1 filters they use the M1-206 for 2002 6.0L trucks. For 2003 6.0L trucks they are using the M1-107. They have the same threading and diameter but the 206 is about an inch longer. Does anyone have a valid reason as to why I wouldn't want the longer filter as long as there is enough clearance for it? Do you think there is a benifit to using a slightly longer filter?

Justin :chevy:

the smaller filter is found to be quicker prime as well as faster flowing capabilites. you can also get an upgraded ac delco filter as they do offer a version just like the mobil 1 filter (and i believe made by the same company).

You can take this with a grain of salt, but i use Moble One filters on my corvette. Yes, they are more expensive, but i've read a ton of good reviews on them.

:withstupid: Mobile 1 oil and filters only in my vette.

i have always used mobil 1 on all of my cars and trucks. i had to replace an intake gasket on my old 94 chevy truck and when i took the intake manifold off and looked down in the lifter valley it was really clean and looked good for a 139,000 mile motor. i think it had alot to do with the oil i was using. also i remember seeing a test on differant synthetic oils ,and i don't know how true it was but, mobil 1 even out performed red-line oil, which alot of racers swear by.

Archived