What Kind Of Hid'S

Well the farther you go up the Kelvin Scale the more Blue the light becomes and the less light output there is

35W HIDs:

3,000k are bright yellow (these are only good for fog lights and are super bright)

4,300K are bright white (this is what stock cars come with)

5,000K are white with a hint of blue

6,000K are light white with a lot more blue

8,000K are blue with a little white

10,000K are realy blue

I have 55W 10,000K and I love them. 55W HIDs are a little different than normal 35W HIDs. With the 55W the light is distorted a bit so my 55W 10,000K HIDs look more like 35W 6,000K if that makes sense

My question has been. If I used my headlights with headlight covers, and use HIDs. Would the headlights be bright enough through the covers not to have to take them off. AND would it be cool enough not to melt the cover?

My question has been. If I used my headlights with headlight covers, and use HIDs. Would the headlights be bright enough through the covers not to have to take them off. AND would it be cool enough not to melt the cover?

I would think that you would want to remove the covers. I dont think HIDs are that bright to shine through the covers properly.

Well the farther you go up the Kelvin Scale the more Blue the light becomes and the less light output there is

35W HIDs:

3,000k are bright yellow (these are only good for fog lights and are super bright)

4,300K are bright white (this is what stock cars come with)

5,000K are white with a hint of blue

6,000K are light white with a lot more blue

8,000K are blue with a little white

10,000K are realy blue

I have 55W 10,000K and I love them. 55W HIDs are a little different than normal 35W HIDs. With the 55W the light is distorted a bit so my 55W 10,000K HIDs look more like 35W 6,000K if that makes sense

Thanks

my buddy can order 85 watt hids, but there really illegal. if you could get your hands on those then black the lights out it shouldnt be too bad

85W HIDs yeah im going to call BS on that. They make 85W regular bulbs but I have never in my life heard of 85W HIDs

If they in fact do Exist they would be so hot they would melt the headlight housings

I have 35w 10000k hids and you do get SOME light through the covers. But not enough. They were being kept cool by the wind on the highway at the time and they were still pretty warm. I'm sure they'd be pretty droopy in the city without and wind cooling them. So I'd say no. You'd still have to take em off. I've never heard of a 85w hid kit either, but I think I read somewhere about a 110w hid kit. But it said you HAD to buy the enclosure for them because they WILL melt your stock enclosures. I'll see if I can find them.

Whoops they're a 100 watt kit

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/462948210/Best_quality_100_watt_hid_xenon.html

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

hids are pretty dang bring. i have a deep blues set in the SS and i get flashed everywhere i go. i bet if i take the truck out on a friday night ill get flashed 10 times within 2 hours. thats why i just run with my hid fogs on. cause there not bad.

85W HIDs yeah im going to call BS on that. They make 85W regular bulbs but I have never in my life heard of 85W HIDs

If they in fact do Exist they would be so hot they would melt the headlight housings

They do exist. I would go for some but am afraid they would melt my housings.

http://www.hidgeeks.com/9006-XENON-HID-KIT/Regular-HID-Ballast/8000K-HID-KIT/9006-HID-Kit-Regular-8000K-p300.html

They do exist. I would go for some but am afraid they would melt my housings.

http://www.hidgeeks.com/9006-XENON-HID-KIT/Regular-HID-Ballast/8000K-HID-KIT/9006-HID-Kit-Regular-8000K-p300.html

Well I'll be damed. My bad I had no idea they made them with that high of watage. Those are rediculous I think they would melt the housing