Frist Run With Cam/Stall/Bolt-Ons

Mike Frey

hey guys, i decided to run the truck last friday night.. gosh was it cold and slick. first two runs a ran mid 15's at 97mph cuz i about hit the guard rail off the line. of course i was on 20's with street tires so it did not like traction haha. i plan on getting some radials for my 17 stockers.

but the real question is here...

my third and final pass i avoided the wet box and did not do a burnout, and stalled the truck up to 3k. and when the light turned green i just let off the brake instead of smashing the pedal threw the floor, it still spun so when it stopped i mashed it.

this was my time.. do you think i could hit low to mid 13's with radials, or if i hooked?? and this is on a mail order tune from blackbear.

60ft --- 2.36

1/8et--- 9.24

1/4et--- 14.23

1/4mph--- 98.12

A burnout is good to clean the tires and mildly heat them, trust me I've ran about every brand of street tire. Bringing the converter to 3000 however isn't going to help getting it to hook. Go off idle, especially when you have a traction problem. What converter did you do? What tires are you going to buy?

A burnout is good to clean the tires and mildly heat them, trust me I've ran about every brand of street tire. Bringing the converter to 3000 however isn't going to help getting it to hook. Go off idle, especially when you have a traction problem. What converter did you do? What tires are you going to buy?

It's a 3200 stall from PATC. Carbon fiber lock up clutch and stuff. And I was thinkin mickey Thompson et street radials on my 17s. 295/45/17

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...