What Do You Think?

03_SS_22

Thats where my plates at the stock bumper never had the bracket installed so there was never any holes in the front bumper. So I just stuck the plate in the windshield, so far no problems, I've had it like that over two years up here. IDK about TX though...

i have never had a plate on my front bumper in the 5 years i have had my truck. i have always put it in the front window. only one cop has ever said anything to me about it. he just gave me a warning. he said it would be a good idea to put it up on the front bumper. but other than that never had any problems. i will never pout holes in my bumper.

I am not sure about Texas, as it does not specify placement in that post. I work in Montana and the Montana Code Annotated specifically states that front and rear plates are required and must be firmly affixed to the exterior of the vehicle. I stop many people on it but have never written a citation for that offense yet, more or less it led to arrests for other offenses. Just read a little further into the codes as it may be explained further elsewhere or just stop at the local cop shop and ask, I have tons of people do that at my office. Saves a lot of headache guessing yourself and risking the chance of getting stopped later.