Wi And North Il Guys, Track Day At Great Lakes

shadowsniper3006

Hey guys,

Another member and i are thinking about heading to Great Lakes Dragaway for the last time this year and i just wanted to see if any other WI and Northern IL guys wanted to meet up. We are going on the 12th for fun racing, i think it opens at 9 am. I have a fuel pump to install before i race, but even if i don't get it done, I'll still be there to meet guys and lend any help i can.

Provided the fuel pump install goes good, i plan on running a NA stock cubed truck. The other member is running a NA 403...both are blue...hahaha

This time of year we have a good chance at negitive DA's, so if your looking for a presonel best....you've got a great chance. Matter of fact at 9pm tonight it was -253 DA.

Let me know if your interested, it would be great to meet some more SSS guys.

Brad

Who is your tuner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

My tune was done by pcmforless a couple years ago.. not sure who ima go to once I'm done with the longtubes. Only other mod is an aem cold air intake.

It'd be fun to make a run down the track with it sometime.. I've only ran rentals :yellow_loser:

My tune was done by pcmforless a couple years ago.. not sure who ima go to once I'm done with the longtubes. Only other mod is an aem cold air intake.

It'd be fun to make a run down the track with it sometime.. I've only ran rentals :yellow_loser:

If your thinking about running a zippy tune, i can see if he has time to do one and email it to me before the race, so i could load it for you at the track.

If your thinking about running a zippy tune, i can see if he has time to do one and email it to me before the race, so i could load it for you at the track.

What time were you guys meeting at the track? If I can't make it there, I might still be interested in a Zippy tune if you're local and we could meet up to load it sometime...

I'm going to try and get some time this week to do the exhaust - still need to pick up new gaskets and header bolts from the stealership (one is broken)

Not really sure when i would get there, but i would like to run in the early morning air. I live in west bend, work in the falls, and am in the mequon area a lot. But if its for helping out Zippy with a customer, and helping another SSS member we can always just find a place to meet.

Not really sure when i would get there, but i would like to run in the early morning air. I live in west bend, work in the falls, and am in the mequon area a lot. But if its for helping out Zippy with a customer, and helping another SSS member we can always just find a place to meet.

Sounds good Shadow, I'll have to PM you when I get done... Hit a snag with my exhaust today - found the front and rear bolts are broken on the driveside manifold and I wasn't about to get into that mess today.

Also have to cap off that EGR pipe that comes on the OBX longtubes... wasn't expecting that to be there.

Im outta town again early tomorrow for work all week so not looking good for me making it Saturday. . at least I got my DD's exhaust back in running condition this weekend. I don't need ear plugs anymore.

you don't need to "CAP" off the egr, it has pipe plugs or something in it right from OBX. That is what i run on my truck as well.

Don't' feel bad i hit a snag on the flex pump as well.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

How'd track day go? Anybody get any video?

I'm still working on my exhaust and didn't make it out there - midpipe is wrong and needs rework for o2 sensors to clear driveshaft :banghead:

Working on a tune soon with Zippy

My truck was not done, so i was going to meet the other guy, and then he backed out.

Give Zippy a call, He'll get you set up. Remeber he is 1 hour behind us down there.

Ah tha sucks. I'm still working on getting my midpipe figured out... is it ok to run without two of the o2 sensors on the driver side temporarily?

What's Zippy's number? I sent him a PM the other day.

Ah tha sucks. I'm still working on getting my midpipe figured out... is it ok to run without two of the o2 sensors on the driver side temporarily?

What's Zippy's number? I sent him a PM the other day.

No, the way your truck is tuned you at least need the both the fronts installed.

his number is in his sig, you'll be very happy with a zippy tune. It cost just under a 100 bucks for the credits to load your tune into your truck. So if you want me to load it, just let me know, otherwise you can do mail order through him. If you have me do it, Zippy can email me your tune and its a one time cost so i can load any updates for you. Cost for the tune is between you guys, but if you want me to load it make sure you tell him that.

If your a deer hunter, be safe tomorrow and good luck. I'm in the hotel right now getting everything ready.

Brad