How Do I Find Out What Trans I Have

Thanks for the info guys everyone I have talked to say it's a 4l60E but that filter and gasket kit won't fit my truck.

Most likely they gave you the short one for a car application. All 99-up Trucks and SUVS I have worked on have a Deep Pan that use a longer filter. Every time I used to call for any truck or Suv of that vintage for a filter they ask me if it has a deep pan or a regular pan. I always had to order it for a deep pan. :pepsicheer:

The RPO code is M32 for the 4L65E which is iddentical to the 4l60E. The differences are internal and would not affect the filter or gasket option. I would recomend getting an OE style filter and gasket. Stay away from those cheap cork gaskets...

Edited by 1FASTBRICK (see edit history)

If you have an SS Silverado it came with a 65E from the factory. Whether it still has that in there may be in question, but they were all built with 65E's. You won't find one SSS that doesn't have the M32 rpo for the 4L65E in it's rpo list. There are some out there that have been changed to 60E's, 70E's, and 80E's, but all were factory built with 65E's.