My 2/4 Drop Is Riding A Little Rough

jddmj

So Friday Carls_LQ9_SS and myself done a 2/4 drop on my 06 silverado ext cab. We done coils, shackles and rear hangers. We cut 2 nubs off of the rear bump stops but did nothing to the front. It is riding like a covered wagon lol. I spoke with another member and he suggested getting some shorter bump stops for the rear to solve that problem. Now what can I do for the front?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did two inch spindles and shackles on my truck and put beltech shocks on also and it rides way rougher then stock did. You could drill the front bump stops. I herd not to cut nubs off tho. I believe mr.p did a right up on drilling them

Sent From My Droid X on Vortex

well i did a 3/4 drop on the SS. im rock the stock shocks and i removed the front bump stops. up front my truck rides great its the back thats stiff. i cut 2 nubs off the back bump stop and removed the bracket that the rear bump stops are mounted. then mounted the bump stops directly to the frame. when you remove the bracket that the rear bump stops are mounted to there is a perfect hole in the frame that you can remount the bump stop to . it worked out great for me. what part seems to be ruff up front or out back? out back is where mine is so ruff.

well i did a 3/4 drop on the SS. im rock the stock shocks and i removed the front bump stops. up front my truck rides great its the back thats stiff. i cut 2 nubs off the back bump stop and removed the bracket that the rear bump stops are mounted. then mounted the bump stops directly to the frame. when you remove the bracket that the rear bump stops are mounted to there is a perfect hole in the frame that you can remount the bump stop to . it worked out great for me. what part seems to be ruff up front or out back? out back is where mine is so ruff.

All together.

front remove bumpstops and use the flat 3/8 ones you will be fine

in rear remove the backet completly and use the 3/8 flat ones also.

If you have any questions give me a hollar i worked on a guys truck yesterday that had the same issue. Shop wanted to sell him all new stuff. $60 bucks in bumpstops and I had him rolling happy.

Silvy, you are barking up the wrong tree this time of year lol Here in Kentucky its gun season for deer. I got to get my buck on the ground before I worry about a picture haha. Plus, its raining. Ill get one asap though.